1. My right as a woman, to vote. 1920---that wasn't that long ago.
2. The historical significance of this election---either way.
3. Thank you to my book club gals for letting me not be the only one to NOT finish Little Women. I loved it as a child. I met some of best friends through that book & a discussion of which sister we were. But I think I must have had the abridged version. The minutiae was rich and the narrator (I was listening to an audio download) sounded as bored as I felt. I guess that can happen with the giant gap from the 1800's when it was written to todays 2008 media fed audience. How sad!
4. I used the treadmill yesterday! It made an awful racket though, and this morning I found a book one f the kids stuffed down inside the belt part. Sigh!
5. I'm thankful I get to meet with my girlfriends this Friday night & scrapbook. I love that time with them.
6. I also am thankful I get to have another family lunch this Saturday at a great hole-in-the-wall Mexican place. Can't wait for GOOD salsa!!
7. My arm is feeling good enough to knit again. I'm working on some hats for my cousin who graduated Julliard this year, and decided to go into the Army so he can play with the famous Army band. He plays trombone. He finished basic training last week & is now in VA so he needs something to keep that noggin warm.
8. I'm very pleased my son's pumpkin won first place in the 5th grade division of the decorating contest. I'm happy to report, our clone tropper pumpkin was a hit.
9. Halloween was a first for our family this year. We were ALL able to go out trick-or-treating together as a family. It was very fun, very warm & the only real drama was that son#1 lost his Indiana Jones whip. The nice couple who's house we were at offered to get a flashlight & help look. But I assured them, in the dead grass & leaves, we'd probably never find the brown piece of yarn.:)
10. And last, I am VERY thankful, to be a SAHM--stay-at-home-mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment