I got up in a hurry this morning. I turned on the light in the bedroom for son#1 & son#2. As I hurry into the living room to the kitchen, I hear this from the dark.
Son#1: "Hold it right there!
I knew it was you. I could smell ya getting off the elevator! You was here last night too, wasn't ya?"
me: "Jackson is that you?"
son#1: " You was here...and you was smoochin' with my brother."
me: "WHAT!? What are you talking about?" (I keep making lunches.)
son#1: " Don't give me that. You been smoochin' with everybody! Snuffy, Al, Leo, Little Moe with the gimpy leg, Cheeks, Bony Bob, Cliff..."
me: "Jackson Allen, I do not have time for this, we're in a hurry this morning."
son#1: "All right, I believe you, but my Tommy gun don't! Get down on your knees and tell me you love me."
me: "Whatever, just get dressed."
son#1: "You gotta do better than that!"
me: "Fine, I love you." (I start to leave kitchen, back through living room to go get son#2 dressed)
son#1: "Maybe I'm off my hinges, but I believe ya. That's why I'm gonna let ya go. I'm gonna give you 'til the count of three to get ya lousy, lyin', low-down, four-flushin' carcass out my door! One... two...
(He makes all kinds of shooting noises.)
son#1: Three. Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal. (shoots) And a Happy New Year.
me from bedroom: "That's nice dear, now please get dressed."
***In case you don't remember that monologue is from the movie "Home Alone 2- Lost In New York" when Kevin (McCully Culkin) stays at the hotel & uses clips from the movie "Angels with Filthy Souls " to scare the hotel staff away. Obviously son#1 has been watching this a lot.***
1 comment:
That's hilarious! I didn't recognize the scene at first and was just thinking how surreal that must have been first thing in the morning!
Post a Comment