Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ten Things Thursday

The fam has been rather ill here lately so Tuesday I couldn't post. Son#2 started with barfing Friday night. The baby began his round Saturday night, and by Tuesday morning, Hubbo was praying to the porcelin god as well. Son#1 started Tuesday night about the time we were set to go get his haircut. And yesterday I felt like I had a headcold. But thanks to Zicam, I'm feeling MUCH better today! (It tastes terrible, but it's worth it.)

1. Everyone is feeling much better here! Sick kids with both parents well is one thing, everyone sick with one parent down, you're outnumbered & even Lysol can't help you. It's been a long, long week.

2. I got good new color & haircut last Thursday from my friend Beth. Hubbo noticed & liked it so it has to be somewhat different for him to notice. Not to mention the body it's given my hair. I wake every morning looking like I have the Cowardly lion's mane. The word boufont comes to mind.

3. The kids retake pictures turned out GREAT! Son#1 didn't squinch his eyes up, and smiled normally & son#2 had his front teeth fixed & was considerably happier.

4. I bought my first Christmas presents last night! LET THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT BEGIN!!!!!!

5. I had a very fun time Saturday at my friend Carrie's house for her At Home party. I got to play with her son Mason and just enjoy good food & fun people.

6. Bare Escentuals make up had a TSV--Today's Special Value on QVC a couple of weeks ago & I missed it. Luckily I found it half priced through a friend!

7. I have a busy weekend ahead of me but I am mostly excited to see an old friend I went to high school with. He and I sang in choir, chorus & show choirs together from about 6th grade till we graduated. We spent a lot of time together & now he's a preacher in Florida. I can't wait to catch up on his life and where God has lead him.

8. A sweet friend that called to check on the sickies & me offering to stop by the store for us. She just had gall bladder surgery yet she's checking on us!

9. Being sick recently we've got to enjoy a lot of movies. Tropic Thunder, Get Smart, Zohan, The Happening, Hulk and Hellboy 2. As we were watching Get Smart last night, I remembered that as a kid I watched shows like Get Smart with my dad as my mom cooked & got dinner ready in the evenings. My dad worked from about 3-4am-4pm. So you can imagine he was in bed at 7pm most nights. I never felt cheated on time with him, but last night I realized, he & I watched a lot of tv shows in that dinner prep time. Rawhide, The Rifleman, Andy Griffin show, Get Smart, and of course, The Muppet Show. I remember rushing to set the table, my part of dinner and hurrying to go sit back in my dad's recliner with him to watch tv. I'm sure my mom could have used more help in the kitchen, but looking back, I sure am glad she didn't say so.

10. The holidays are here--I can feel it! Or at least I hope it's the holidays & not that virus....



1 comment:

SewIknit2 said...

I feel for you! all that sickness! we had both our lads sick one Christmas Day, the first after Dad had died, and we had my brother over as it was going to be a difficult day for him, and HE ended up having to cooking our dinner while we were at the Hospital with no.2.son!

Hope you are all well by the time it matters!
Sue