Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday

Things have been slow & quiet around here and that's the way we like it. The weather is slowly changing to real crisp Autumn temps. And it's hard to believe we're into the double digit days of November already. Hopefully we won't have any more a/c days.
This week I'm thankful for:

1. I'm thankful for my husband who stayed home with my yesterday. Even thought it was raining all day, blowing sideways and COLD, we managed a good bit of fun. We're not alone often & we know how to make the most of it, even if it's freezing!

2. I'm thrilled to hear a best friend I never see anymore is engaged & happily planning a wedding. She's been waiting for this for so long I hope & pray she is as happy as I am.;) YEA for you Wendall!

3. I have an appointment to get my hair cut & colored Thursday morning. I'm getting excited thinking up things to do with it. Suggestions welcome!:) I'm just in the mood for something different. Plus I love hair appointments, nice girly time with some gossip on the side.

4. I had a blast Friday night at our crop. We were all low-key, less of us around, but we talked, got a lot done and I felt very statisfied with what I accomplished. I don't get to feel like I mark a lot of stuff off my "To Do" list very often, so feeling accomplishment is a rewarding thing.

5. Saturday I spent the day with my mom & family in Pryor. Our lunch was great and we had a marvelous time catching up. The kids were a little spunky further along in the day so it felt good to get home too where they could run & be free.

6. Son#3 is saying new words every day. I feel he understands SO much & is making huge progress with his verbal development. We are working puzzles, he is memorizing so much & really is taking things in and retaining the knowledge. Good signs for us!

7. Son#2 is staying at school & doing much better with his meltdowns & doing his work. He's back to being himself now. Thank the Lord for that one!

8. I'm very thankful for being invited to a Veterans day sale shopping/luncheon today with girls coming up from Joplin, but sadly it didn't work out. Oh well, there's always next time right??:)

9. I'm thankful to be back in my reading groove. Books are now piling up cause I can't read them fast enough!! "Twilight" is next!!!

10. And last, but by no means least, a huge THANK YOU to all the veterans, in my family and yours, who have served & are serving our country. Fighting for our freedom so we don't have to. Thank you all.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Hope you enjoy Twilight! Regina got me reading them, then I passed them on to Jen, Kathy, and Marci. The four of us have a girls night planned to see the movie when it comes out! It really made me remember what it felt like to be seventeen (well, except for the vampire boyfriend thing...) ;)

Kim B said...

Amen for blessings with your family. We all need good stuff like that going on :-)

And to cooler weather! May it prevail!

(let me know how you like Twilight. Everyone I know is reading/ or has read it.)

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hey! Great list you have here!

Come link so everyone can see it! (if you want!)

Hope you're doing well.
Have a blessed week!
~ Mrs. Brownstone