Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Updating of the Update-DAY 6

The Greenhorn DHS worker called and apparently DHS/Child Welfare and DDSD had another conference call with the head of People Inc. Without all the in-between people BUT with a mediator/liaison. Perhaps a new ally.  I am going to have his information by the end of the day today.

They have assured me that Tahlequah have agreed to give son#2 a little while longer to adjust. And will keep him for a bit longer to see if these new meds will even out his behavior so he can exist there peacefully. The Marine & Mrs. Garrett will shift out more often than usual to try and alleviate the uprising of mutiny.

I was happily surprised to learn that DHS/DDSD & Child Welfare were all on the same page as I was, that the previous teleconference call was very one sided. Mutiny was heard, our side was not.
We discussed Tahlequah's "hands-off" approach to the kids. I said  I loved this since we were coming from such a handsy place like RR. However, having been in this position myself, you will have to use your hands to defend yourself & to protect Carson from himself, IF you want the episode to end with you still standing. And what's more, you'll feel less hope if you don't defend yourself. It's a very physical game, and a very mental game at the same time.

If things come to a head & he has to be admitted to in-patient, Greenhorn has assured me it will be a 30 day situation for meds to stabilize WITH the understanding to all parties involved, that Carson returns to Tahlequah afterwards.
We discussed some other possible band-aids for Carson to help him feel more comfort, and she gave my contact info to the Tahlequah employees to contact me day or night. Since they have not answered my correspondence I think they're probably not happy Carson isn't gone. And may be pouting.
As I would tell any of my kids, "You're only hurting yourself by not cooperating with me."

From here, Carson & I are on borrowed time. I have a million phone calls to make today and try to circle the wagons and find a plan B.
B is for Boot. There happen to be a lot of boots in Texas.
What is it Bruce Willis says at the end of the "Die Hard" movie?
Yippee ki yay...and all that jazz.

No comments: