If my grandmother was still alive, she would probably be warning me not to get "the big head" right now.
For those of you who's Grandma Bible didn't issue this warning, it means you're on the way to getting an inflated ego. I got a phone call and I can't stop smiling this evening. I feel pretty dang chipper even though I know the glory is all my Lords.
Remember the house that dropped on the Wicked Witch of the East in the movie, "The Wizard of Oz"? And how the munchkins sing that little catchy ditty afterwards?
Well, that's me right now.
I just got a call from a friend who's in the know, and who visited RRock today. She says as of just VERY recently, the woman who is the head of RRock, was let go. ***A moment of silence.***
Apparently, there have been too many investigations since the beginning of the year and she wasn't really changing much. She was never warm or nice to the kids.
But I would REALLY REALLY like to think in my little mind, that the final push of that house over the edge, was maybe a certain charge issued from the Children's Hospital against her establishment.
Coming from a hospital & police report probably is a little harder to talk your way out of as opposed to promising state agencies you'll make changes. Especially to your boss.
Now Sequel Youth Services, which is national, has brought in a woman who runs their New Mexico location. She is commuting back & forth and is already making positive changes.
Cupcakes for birthdays, not just for the birthday kid but for the entire unit!
Happy change there for some kids who could use it.
With this new interim CEO comes $10,000 in new funding! With that they plan to hire THREE new certified teachers, turn one small playground into a sensory sand area & put in a gardening plot for the kids!!!!!
God literally knows how much change is needed up there, but I cannot tell you how happy I am even though it won't impact my child. This is just the beginning. I am telling myself that this is positive change & the squeaky wheel got some grease!!!! Change for the munchkins started after that house dropped, and it's starting for these little munchkins too.
You should pat yourselves on the back because without your prayers, positive thoughts & encouragement--that house would never have dropped & started this $10,000 ball rolling right on down the yellow brick road!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment