Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ten Tuesday

I lost internet early Tuesday morning and so last week's post went by the wayside.
So this week in honor of our 70+ degree spring temps this week, I thought I'd do an adjusted Ten Things list.

Ten Household Tasks I've Been Avoiding:

1. Washing curtains. Kitchen, living room and the shower curtain. So much effort with the arms above the head. Lazy much?

2. Digging out shorts & seeing if everyone has some that fit for the warm months ahead. Luckily with our boys, they are hot natured so t-shirts are used 9 out of 12 months of the year and out already.

3. Dusting---I have a lot of things higher up at my house so dust isn't as readily seen. Out of sight out of mind right??

4. The garage. Need I say more?

5. Do the flower pots/beds count?

6. Little repairs---door hinges, fence holes, kitchen cabinet locks.

7. Clean the carpets/rugs. *sigh* This has been put WAAAAYYY off.

8. Some space issues with where things need to be moved to be more convenient since we STILL haven't found a house. Being that it's 2 yrs this May we've been looking, I might as well get a move on this.

9. I bought some dishes at a store that was going out of business & I *was* waiting until we moved to get them out. New house, new dishes and all that. But I felt spring was a good excuse. We had Fiestaware when we got married and I just can't take how heavy they are anymore. I'm over it.

10. Cleaning out the hall closet with all the games, sheets & diapers. Eclectic assortment no?

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I'm so with you on the heavy dishes thing! We didn't have Fiestaware, but we had several sets of different kinds of stoneware plates and bowls. You could get a hernia moving the whole stack of them into the cupboard at once!

I finally broke down and bought some nice, light Corelle dishes, and I love them! The whole stack of 12 takes up the same amount of space that four or five stoneware plates did before.