Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break--Days 1-2-3

Dear Diary ~

After a gloriously indulgent weekend of good food, good girly things like mani/pedis and family stuff totally has made the transition into Spring Break a breeze so far. (knock on wood)**I shouldn't have ever said this "outloud"--after typing it, son#2 had a meltdown because lunch was an hour late due to an important phone call. Now today is very unpredictable with son#2.**

Yesterday's weather was fantastic, not too cold, not too hot & not so sunny as to give me a migraine. We were out for 2 hrs, a record for me I think. Then we topped it off with ice cream--could Spring Break start off any better I ask you?

And my head cold is almost gone and completely manageable. Hallelujah!!

My sanity saver for the win is my iTouch and podcasts/library books to listen to. The radio stations without commercials alone make this such a treasure. Any type you can imagine! I just finished the book "Kabul Beauty School" by Deborah Rodriguiz which is based on a true story. It was fascinating read by the narrator. I think that always helps. But it's so fun to listen while doing chores I hate or cooking dinner to drone out the kid shows and arguments. I like the feeling of accomplishing two things at once too, but maybe that's just me.
My next book is "Pieces of My Heart by Robert Wagner--his autobiography. It's good so far and he reads it.

More later, gotta go take some heartburn meds & run to the library when Hubbo gets home to rescue/save/tag in for me.

No comments: