Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break 4-5-6

Whew!! I made it! We all survived, everyone is alive and no worse for wear. Just a few meltdowns by son#2 and none he didn't come out of in an hour or less.

Wednesday night I went to see Alice in Wonderland as a reward for making it halfway through Spring Break. It was 3D. While it may be the last movie I see 3D, it was fantastic! I was never into Alice as a child, I was too busy reading Nancy Drew, The Bobbsie Twins and Trixie Belding. But I loved the movie---it had a wonderful cast and just great graphics. For me it was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory meets Lord of the Rings. But I wouldn't take small children--little too much anger in parts, or at least I heard some kids cry.

Thursday my mom and aunt came to pick up son#1. He was going on his first away from home sleep-over to her house an hour away for three days. He was very excited and had been making lists of stuff to take with him. He got ten minutes down the road and came back to beg me to go with him. I explained over and over that I couldn't go since I had the brothers to take care of. He came up with everyone under the sun that could spend their Spring Break doing that. He tried going again. Thirty minutes later he was back crying. I made him take his bags inside and unpack them after apologizing to Nana and my aunt for driving an hour over here to get him. Maybe this summer or Fall Break he'll be mature enough. He's just not quite there yet.

Spring Break=no bra for most of the week. Bonus!

Now let's pray all these 8 inches of snow we got yesterday and today, doesn't keep us from heading back to school tomorrow.

No comments: