Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Ten Things Tuesday

1. I just took son#3 to the doctor and it's just a virus. I have pneumonia phobia. He has a runny nose, wet cough, tearing eyes and small fever at night. His appetite isn't normal and he fell asleep in the floor this afternoon after lunch. Not the usual energy dynamite he usually is. I'm happy he's not contagious and that it'll run it's course with some Mucinex to push it on it's way.

2. I love Bugles!! They are a blast from the past, have quite the crunch and a unique taste. Almost like a tall, skinny Corn Nut. What's not to like? Unless you're my college roomate who HATED my Corn Nut fetish. She said they smelled like dog food. Just means more for me!

3. I went to see the movie Valentines Day this weekend and LOVED LOVED LOVED it!! In case you missed it, it was good--go see it.

4.Time for mushy stuff. Isn't it great when you find a very fun, cool friend God places in your life? And even cooler when she turns out to have so much in common with you? You can jump right into the meaty talks about life, love and family. God seems to know what he's doing---imagine that.

5. My mom just left from a 2 day visit and the kids and I really enjoyed her time here. I'm VERY thankful the kids have at least one grandparent that is close-by and loves to play with them.

6. It's been fun introducing son#1 to the old school arcade games. He's pretty good, to be expected from this generation I guess. Brings back lots of memories of my Atari and hours of playing Pac Man with my dad.

7. I'm thankful for a husband that worked his cute little tushy off Sunday doing ALL the laundry, ALL the dishes and picked up the house. What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man! I'm also thankful he's figured out his place. Ooops did I say that out loud?! What I meant was that his place is beside me. (Holding the vacuum.)

8. I've broken an addiction this year, it's best I've fessed up to it. I love the time I've gained for Mon-Wed nights. Please refrain from throwing anything that stains. I'm off the show American Idol. For some reason, I had no desire to watch AI this season. I could care less about the horrendous try-outs, the sob story pieces, criminal backgrounds and the not quite good-enough singers. As I heard somewhere else, this isn't Make-A-Wish. Every person has a sob story somewhere in their life. All I can figure is my patience is shot for our society complex that makes people feel they are owed something or entitled anything, especially to this thing called fame. No you are not. So you can sing or have a talent. Got news for ya, we all have talent somewhere in us. But I don't think if some guy in Wisconsin is good with carpentry tools that we owe him 15 minutes of TV time and a contract with This Old House just because he stood in a long line all day or because his buddies told him he's got skills.
Wow, did you see that? Someone threw some box out there for me to fall onto. It says SOAP on it. Hmmmm I'll have to watch out for those from now on.

9. Mr. Coffee came to live at our house the day we got home from our honeymoon. He hadn't failed me in 12 and half years, until Sunday. I was SO sad. I went to Wal-Mart thinking a new coffee maker can't be hard to find and ended up having a meltdown probably needing one of my sons pills if truth be told. I finally made it through the process which seemed to take as long as those rose ceremonies on TV. I still feel old because I don't think those things are made as well as they used to be. They just seem flimsy and clumsy. Why can't they just have my same one I had? Is that too much to ask?! I kept Mr. Original Coffee just in case it was a one off. I'm not sure he's realized that he's not top dog anymore. *sniff

10. And I'm thankful for catalogs/magazines. I love them. I get an extra jolt when I get the mail and it's not all junk and bills---a catalog can make that all better. It maybe an unhealthy obsession if you look around my house at how many containers are hiding them, but I can't help it-- I luuuuv them. How then I ask you could I throw them away!?

No comments: