Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ten Things Tuesday




1. I'm thankful for Colby-Jack round cheese slices from the deli. Sorry, weak isn't it? But it's true-- I'm addicted. I can't stop myself...they call to me from the drawer in the fridge every day all day. Is there a help group for cheese addiction? You may see me on that A&E show Intervention sometime soon.

2. I got to see some wonderful family members Saturday that were in town from Houston. A brand new baby, a new boyfriend and husband I hadn't met. All were just great and we're blessed to have them all in our family. Hi Lindsay!!

3. Son#1's principal died Sunday and yesterday when he was home from school with a headache, son#1 took the news well. Below I'll post a picture of his idea of a good-bye to him. For the record, he gets the word fail from Star Wars games I think.

4. I'm truly happy and thankful all my plates are spinning together this week. None are threatening to fall and that can't be said every week. It's a good thing as Martha says.

5. I got to talk to some college friends I hadn't talked to in awhile and it was nice to touch base and really nice to find Julie Hall again. Sometimes the me before 1997 is forgotten. Always nice to see that part of me again.

6. Son#1 received a wonderful quilt in the mail this week! Ms. Yvonne Hubbo's step-mother HAND-QUILTED him a Star Wars quilt!!! Again, picture below--it doesn't even begin to do this beast justice! Did I mention it's queen sized? Ms. Yvonne is quite the Energizer Bunny addition to our family.

7. I got the princess dog Chloe groomed Saturday while we went to see my mother for the day. She came back softer than mink! And she found her brave inner dog. It's SO wonderfully heartwarming to see her jumping around and happier not to mention more relaxed. She isn't completely relaxed at all times, but she's getting there. The princess goes for surgery Thursday so let's hope she keeps that spark afterwards.

8. We had a meeting at son#3's school. He's doing SO well and they think he's just as happy & fun as we do. That's always nice. We're so thankful for his progress and what a well adjusted kid he is. A true bright spot in my day,

9. This week my iTouch is saving my brain cells. The radio stations, podcasts, downloaded books from the library, and music. I may nominate it for the Nobel Peace Prize for next year.

10. Bare Minerals make up had such success with the first eye color for Autism-Puzzle- ($25,000 success) that they are launching another in March of this year called Cherish! I'm very thankful to Leslie Blodgett and her team at BE for making different causes including Autism, a priority. The color is shown here on the side profile & it will be available online or at boutiques March 11.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

It was fun watching Yvie work on Jackson's quilt. Every time we went over, she'd have a little more done. I especially love the quilting stitches done in the shapes of characters and ships from the movies...lol!

Glad everything's going well there. Hope you have a great week!