1. The ice came & although it stuck around for 4 days or so, and I'm thankful to say we kept power. Which is more than I can say for some of my friends in Arkansas. We even got some temps this weekend up in the 60's, however we still have ice in the shade that's still thick & not melting.
2. I'm thankful that the kids FINALLY went back to school this week. They only went last Monday & Friday. We were all getting cabin fever.
3. Saturday my mom slipped on the ice getting up on the curb, but thankfully she's alright. Nothing broken. She softened the fall with her face though.
4. January 2009 is OVER. I would ask for a do-over for such a crappy month, but I really don't wish to repeat much of anything that happened last month. Seriously, 90% of people I know had not so great January 2009's also. I think we should all be thankful the month is over & we're moving on. Onward & upward!
5. I've probably said this before, but I'm thankful for Facebook. This past week I've found several girls I went to church with growing up, and it's been a welcome surprise. Last night at bookclub the older ladies were discussing how as years go on, more people die that knew you when you were younger--knew your history. Remembered you as child. They tried to tell me and another "youngun" that we didn't understand. But I think because of Facebook, I do! It has been an uplifting thing for me to find not only my first Sunday school teacher, but also people who knew me growing up and in grade school, high school, and college. I think it comforts me, cheers me and makes me a tad happier. Maybe that's because as a mother or just someone that recently turned 34 years old, I myself, even forget who I was before this life I lead now. I used to take gymnastics, I sang in many choirs, and I loved playing dolls. I could swim forever, and I could climb a tree pretty well. Finding these people who knew me then, sort of makes me feel like that part of me ISN'T forgotten. It's a good feeling.
6. The van is getting a new transmission that we aren't paying for. And we'll hopefully have it this week. Thank you Lord!
7. I've had some friends (as I mentioned, January wasn't kind) with children that have had some issues lately. I'm thankful, so thankful that they are getting answers & healing. I hate seeing or hearing about children suffering. Not to mention the parental end of that worry. Boy can that stress out the ol' ticker.
8. I'm thankful for our trip to Wal-Mart Friday night as a whole family went well & was uneventful. Son#2 wanted to push the cart the whole time, son#3 rode in the cart & son#1 skipped through the whole store. Yep--good cure for cabin fever. They got to spend some Christmas gift cards and had new things to occupy them till Monday.
9. Son#1 has a school play tonight. They also peformed today for the whole school. I mistakenly told him this morning to break a leg. Sometimes even I forget how literal he is. Luckily he let me explain that I just meant good luck. Whew! Don't worry, I'm sure the dvd of tonights performance will provide lots of blog fodder.
10. Friday is Hubbo's birthday. We won't say which one, but it's about four years ahead of mine. So tonight since Nana is here to babysit, after the kids go to bed, we're heading out on our first movie alone together in, well.....years. I'm VERY thankful we get to go see the same movie at the same time. A date you could say! (Usually we go see a movie the same day, different times-- taking turns watching the kids.)
1 comment:
#5- I was thankful to remember as well that i had another life before this (although i was a much more prideful me with all kinds of answers) where I ran, loved anything with speed and wind blowing thru my hair ... late night walks ... brownie frappucinos
Post a Comment