Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday

It's been awhile since I've done this, but someone reminded me of that today. And when things are hectic or crazy stressful and I don't feel in the mood to write what I'm thankful for, I just want to complain, and that's the time to truly take count of one's blessings right? So here ya go Sarah!

1. I'll lead off with the obvious, this week has contained MANY less diapers containing bio hazards. For that, I am TRULY, TRULY thankful.

2. I had a wonderful time this weekend spending a great deal of Fri night & Saturday with friends. I hadn't had much of that this month & boy did I miss it. I think my soul has come to count on it. We laughed, ate and scrap booked. But we also really got to talk and get into each others issues that were weighing on our hearts. Somehow even when your husband is your best friend, it always feels so good to say the same things out loud to a girlfriend. Being of the same sex, you really believe them when they say they understand or have been there. It validates your feelings & somehow takes away that feeling that occasionally creeps in that you're living with an alien.

3. I'm thankful for finding www.verseoftheday.com where God guides me and my problems daily. It's like a horoscope for your soul.

4. I have much more "things" than I've ever had in a home. Today I'm going to choose to be thankful I have all these blessings instead of complain for the millionth time about where all this stuff came from.

5. Sonic's Raspberry Tea---my newest addiction. I believe God sent it to me to get me through the rough patches like he sent Elijah mana.

6. My "Mama Mia" soundtrack. It is such a pick-me up! It really gets me happy and I love each & every song. Even the song Pierce Broson sings is growing on me.

7. Green bean casserole. I made this tonight because son#2 loves it. We really only have it on holidays & this year I don't think we had it at all. We're trying to keep him on a non-dairy diet & non-spicy foods until his intestines pick back up to normal. Not only did he love it, I think it was a little comfort food for the soul for me too. Isn't it funny how sometimes tasting a certain food can almost bring you back to a different place in time? My Grandma Bible used to have THE best Thanksgiving spread.

8. I got a mani/pedi last week the day before Valentines day & the virus started. It felt great to sit there & zone out and let the massage chair just work it's magic. All by myself.

9. Sour Cream & Onion Lays--green chips as son#1 calls them. I have never really been excited by sour cream & onion chips. But now, I am truly wanting to suck the coating off these and could eat a family sized bag myself. Not that I WOULD mind you...

10. My roommate is pretty darn good at laundry & diapers, not to mention cleaning up the bio hazard materials. I was thankful he & I stayed well this past week and that he stayed home to help out three days. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Well....unless you happen to have a Sonic raspberry tea and green Lays.;)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you... By the way, I try to make green bean casserole every few months as part of dinner. I totally agree- it is a great comfort thing. Weird how something so darn good is also something we only make a few times a year.