Dear Diary,
Things here have been rather crazy the past few weeks. The kids woke up sick on Valentines day and the baby & son#2 still are showing signs of it in the rear end area. Son#2 hasn't been to school since Feburary 13th. Luckily Hubbo was home 3 out of 5 days last week helping take care of kids & save my sanity. Also, son#1 keeps running a low-grade mystery fever at night. No symptoms, then it's gone by morning.
I called the doctor today after trying to send son#2 to school and then picking him up ill, nurse said there is something called Florastor Kids that you can get at the drug store for sprinkling on their foods. It is a pro-biotic & restores the good bacteria that this virus has caused the intestines to sweep away with the bad. Hopefully, the stench will find it's way to a different house soon too. I never knew we could run out of Wal-Mart sacks but last time I went to the store Hubbo told me to bag everything seperately.
In other news, son#3 shocked himself Saturday night. When we heard him scream and son#1 start screaming "Don't let me brother burn to death!" we came running. Always a dead give-away something is wrong I think. Son#3 had a black mark on his hand where his thumb meets his palm and some black marks on the ends of his fingers. I checked him over really good, and washed the black mark off--no burn luckily. After a call to Nana, we deemed him okay. I think he got over it faster than son#1 did. We assumed this is what happened: Son#2 likes to chew cords but we have NEVER caught him chewing the lamp in the living room before. Apparently he had, and when son#3 went to plug it in, it zapped him. Son#1 said he heard a loud pop & the baby started crying & holding his hand. The next day we found through an open window near the lamp, son#2 had thrown the plug part of the lamp outside. It had come off with the pop. I don't think son#3 will be plugging anything in for awhile.
Today I thought it was too quiet, went to check son#2 and son#3 today, nowhere to be found in the house. I finally saw the key in the backdoor. Son#2 has gotten tall enough & smart enough to find the key on the top shelf, get it down & put it in the back door. The little hoodlums were out there running around half naked! Son#3 was in a t-shirt & pull-up, barefoot and son#2 was just in a pull-up jumping in the trampoline. FORTY degrees outside!
We did get our van back & all the tags, titles and papers are in order. Now I'm waiting for the cleaning fairies to come to my garage in the middle of the night so we can move around the van in there better. Although, today while on the way to the bank, son#2 discovered how to unbuckle himself in the van. Little easier than the car I guess. He was out & out again. I kept pulling over & re-buckling him. Then at the bank I just let him up front so I could moniter the buckle situation. But that posed new issues. He could obviously reach the door handle, locks & windows if he wanted. While I was worrying about all that, he figured that gear shift sticking out was different than the car & looked like it'd make a good thing to yank on. I had to get pretty stern with him because obviously we don't want the NEW transmission just falling out down the road while we're driving along. Then he found it hilarious to reach over & play with the steering wheel, pick at me and slap at the gear shift some more. I barely got home. Front seat, NOT working, not even in an emergency. SO, we're about to order some seatbelt locks that are designed to guard the vehicle seat belt release button from the fingers of special needs children or adults with cognitive disabilities such as ADD, Angelman Syndrome, Alzheimers, Autism, etc. www.buckleboss.com
I really have to say I'm looking forward to the end of this month, shhh we must not even utter it's name. Bad juju. March is looking really good right now. Bring on the tornados & snow!!
1 comment:
Sounds like your tribe has been keeping you pretty busy! I had to laugh at the mental picture of your two escapees making a beeline for the trampoline in their pull-ups!
Scary about the shock incident--that's always been a fear of mine! I'm glad everything turned out okay and G is no worse for the wear. :)
Hugs to you and the family!
Post a Comment