Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Thoughts

For the boys I bought two types of valentines---3D dog/cats and then some from the movie Cars--those came with pencils. Of course I thought it was perfect that the Cars valentines came with pencils with RED erasers (son#1's fav color) and since son#2's class likes tactile, the 3D zippy ones for him. Son#1 hates addressing them so I always end up writing everything but his name. And what does he tell me, that he doesn't WANT the Cars valentines, he wants the dogs & cats. Sigh!

But here's my real beef---why do manufacturers make packets of Valentines in different numbered packs??

Does that make sense to you? My kids classes are a tad smaller than the norm & I realize that. But why do I end up with a pack of 24 and a pack of 16?? I ended up just using the dog/cat ones & had enough for BOTH boys classes and teachers with some leftover. Now I have 4 leftover valentines in that pack. What am I supposed to DO with them??? FOUR? Why not just make ALL valentine packs in the same number? If you need 25....you have to buy one whole other pack just to get enough and then you have a lot of leftovers you can't recycle next year. Talk about major faux pas! So you throw them away?

I propose we have grab bag type Valentines. Sort of like those little $.25 bags of chips? Shoot valentines are cheap already--35 for $2! They could be like cold medicine--put them behind the counter . That way you can get what you want. And then you can also get exactly the number you need. And you have to show your drivers license to get to the good ones. Maybe even someone to evaluate whether THAT'S the card your wife would like. Might save men some trouble.

All I know is by the time my kids are out of valentine giving age, I'll have enough hodge podge valentines to give one to everyone in their college classes!

No comments: