I can't really figure out if I'm some Mutant belonging at the Xavier Institute or if I'm just a woman with a keen sense of smell. You tell me.
I'll present the evidence.
**I can smell a dirty diaper through a shut door two rooms a way.
**I can tell you which kid it is too.
**The smells of Mountian Dew & Stove Top stuffing bring back VIVID memories
of hurling them up projectile style.
**The scent of men's cologne makes me rather turned on.
**The smell of anything bad quashes that feeling quickly. For days.
**Being pregnant, my sense of smell is even more keen.
**The smell of boiling chicken makes me feel sick to my stomach.
**Afta aftershave = my dad.
**Glade Powder scented air freshner (most powder scents) reminds of living with Teresa McCammon in college. (hate the smell-liked the times)
**Estee Lauder Youth Dew (the old lady smell) is something I smell at 50 paces in a grocery store.
**Cleaning the kichen this morning with Fantastic made me think of the
hours of cleaning our first house we bought. I could see the house when I closed my eyes.
I love the scent of clean laundry and used to think my clothes had no smell growing up. Everytime my friend Jenny was around, I could smell her house on her clothes. I soon realized everyone has a smell. Their own smell. My parents best friends house always smelled like Coast soap. Everyone has their scent we smell. Some good-some not so good.
Obviously,smell brings home a lot of things to me. I mean, no one wants to get stuck behind a cattle truck & everyone HAS a sense of smell. But I wonder if it's a girl thing that I can smell things SO much more strongly.
My sense of smell really has a lot to do with ME. I can be "in the mood" or NOT. I can be nostalgic or sick to me stomach. I'm learning that smell is VERY VERY important to me. I keep a handkerchief of my grandmother's with her bath powder in it because when I start to forget what she looked like, and her memory starts to fade in my mind, I can get it back. Fresh & like new.
I don't know if smell is as important to everyone else, but to me it can make or break my mood, sometimes my day. Maybe everyone has a sense that's more developed or highented. I just know for me candles and good smelling things keep me happy. So do I need to find Storm & Wolverine or what??
4 comments:
They say that smell is more intensely tied to memory than any other sense we have.
For me, though, that heightened, Wolverine-type sense of smell (dirty dishes made me gag, I could detect the odor of other people's trash from outside of their apartments, etc.) was always the tell-tale sign that I was pregnant!
Hardy har har! You better be careful...sometimes those procedures aren't 100% foolproof.;)
:sniff: :sniff: Do I smell CABBAGE?
Bwaa haa haa! Seriously though Jules, you have one of the keenest senses of smell that I have ever had the privalege to witness.
You aren't pregnant are you?? :ducks:
- Aqua Net reminds me of the junior high girl's locker room.
- Polo cologne reminds me of my first boyfriend.
-Le Fleur perfume reminds me of my first date.
-Coty perfume reminds me of my mother.
-Fried okra reminds me that it is time to high-tail it out of the house - I hate fried okra!
Post a Comment