As I run around the house cleaning up after the kids & sweeping up Wednesdays mess, I think did I really WANT to have company??
I haven't seen my cousin since my wedding & I'm thrilled for him to meet the boys, but all this comes with it? We don't have a lot of company. It's hard to keep the kids (read:Carson) dressed & we don't meet a lot of people since we don't get out much.
I was thrilled to be having my cousin for the weekend & now as I sweep up more ritz crumbs I wonder, "Hmmm wonder how long they'll stay?" Heh.
The grass always seems greener on the other side. In almost everything. There's always someone elses mom that seems more cool than yours growing up and physical issues are endless. I wish my nose wasn't so pointy or so LONG like a witch. I'd love to have a cute button nose like Meg Ryan's OLD nose. And how many countless women wish for Angelina Joeli's lips?? I'm sure she wishes there was something of hers that she could trade.
The grass is always greener. I'd be suprised if everyone didn't have SOMETHING or someone they'd trade for something of someone elses. Maybe that's why not coveting is in the ten commandments.
I go onto to another room to clean after a child leaves it knowing I just straightend it 5 minutes before. The cycle goes on & on. The company will come & I'll be sad when they go wishing it wouldn't end. I think if Jesus was coming I'd still be cleaning. Probably more so.
Just call me Mary cause I'm sure she wished she was more like Martha. The grass is always greener on the other side.
5 comments:
What was the name of that Erma Bombeck book... "The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank."
Or, as another intellectual giant named Sheryl Crow once hummed:
"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got."
:)
Yep:
http://www.workinghumor.com/quotes/grass.shtml
"I think if Jesus was coming I'd still be cleaning." That totally made me LOL! You are right - the grass is always greener in someone else's life. I can't tell you how many times I wished I were married, had kids, and was a SAHM. But God has me exactly where He wants me for now. :)
Post a Comment