These are the ramblings of a mother of two Autistic sons. I can only share what I've learned & picked up along the way in hopes it helps someone else out or keeps me from going insane. Personally, I'm hoping for the latter.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Ten Things Tuesday
1. I had a wonderful week last week of no kids home from school and no holidays. Everyone went to work and school every day and I got a lot accomplished. I also smiled a lot in my quiet house. Alone time is precious and I don't take it for granted very often. Especially in the bathroom.
2. February 12th was the 4 year anniversary that my father died. I'm relieved to say it hurts less. Still plenty of painful MOMENTS, but the experience itself in daily living has lessened considerably. People always tell you that crap and there are even times you yourself will say it to people. Sometimes speaking from experience of going through it, and sometimes speaking from watching someone else deal. I'm happy to say it's not just a bunch of hooie, it IS true--time will heal your wounds. They don't ever close completely but you will heal through it to a livable functioning place.
3. I'm thankful my family made it through the holiday parts of this month *Hubbo's birthday is the 6th* without ANYONE being sick. It's a MIRACLE! Let's put it this way, I can not remember the last time in February we didn't have a member of the family sick or all of us ill on Valentines day, Super Bowl Sunday or Hubbo's birthday.
4. Valentines day may have been spent with my children, but my husband waited on me like a Queen. That beats out candy any day. LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!!!!!!!
5. I found a new funny British show I love--The Good Life for you in the UK and The Good Neighbors for us Yanks. I watched it all in a 3 day time span from the first episode to the very last one--a Royal Command Performance in front of the Queen. Always good to find a new show I like. *This is my list remember? Not yours, so if you don't like it, get it or care, then kiss my grits!*
6. Son#2 got sent home today for trying to eat his mashed potatoes with his hands in the cafeteria. Well, okay, really it was because he got mad he wasn't allowed to and it escalated from there to the Hannibal Lecter chair. *sigh* At least I got the house cleaned & laundry started before he got here. He's fine now, but really---who doesn't have that urge sometimes? Spoil sports.
7. Westminster Dog Show was on last night and tonight--I LOVE watching! And this year I am SO thankful to finally have my very own dog to watch with.
8. I got my hair all chopped off. It's short people. I didn't even get that much cut off, I was telling her to even up my layers. Somehow I'm in a short bob cut again. Oh well---time to get out the barrettes and big hoop earrings I guess.
9. I got two round-about compliments last week. One was from a man that drives my son's bus. He said I didn't look 35 years old, I looked much younger. Lord, bless him with keeping his hair and his own teeth as he ages--Amen.
And the other was from a girl at scrapbooking. A new girl. She thought I'd had eyelash implants! FOR REAL! Someone does that to another person on purpose? Can you imagine what you'd look like?! All swollen up and bruised the next day? I told her truthfully, it's not the first time I'd been asked that but thank you. I sure don't think they're what they used to be, but hey, evidently some poor rich women are running around with naked eyes needing implants. Who knew?
10. And I'm most thankful for Doan's Back Pills. Those suckers WORK.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment