I know--the word slacker comes to mind when you think of my blog. I feel like I have so much to say, there's no way it would all fit, so another week goes by without blogging. But today, my friend Michelle (Hi Michelle!!!) linked my Ten Things in her blog and THAT motivated me not to wait another cotton pickin minute, I had to just go BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!
SO here it is, it's been forever since I've done one---Ten Things Tuesday--hold your applause till the end.
1. I'll work my way backwards so to speak. Last night I attended Bunko. Now I seem to always say, "I'm SO thankful for the Bunko girls. I had so much fun." But I never really get into WHY they make me feel good, so let me try for the words.
My Bunko group has evolved over the years of living in Oklahoma to include many wonderful Christian women who have stunning faith in God. There are so many encouraging, accepting women that I can't possibly name them by name but each brings me (selfish much?) acceptance of my situation and doesn't judge. Each one takes me for who I am, accepts it's all I CAN be in that moment, and hasn't ever tried to change me. We laugh, we joke, we cry, we help build each other up with encouragement, words of wisdom and efforts of praise & acknowledgment. Now that isn't to say we don't get really, really silly. Snort, tell rude jokes about each other and just let our hair down.
I truly believe God sent me each group I've played with, in times when I need their spiritual gifts at that time in my life. Who knew what a blessing food, dice and a bunch of clucking women could be to each other. God made us so different from man, and to celebrate, accept and just plain revel in our similarities, is one of my most favorite things to do & is truly something I'm thankful for. Oh and the gooood food too.
2. Son#2's unknown cause tantrums are less this week. They were getting to where we thought we might have to change the dose of meds again. He's at least letting us sleep more at night/morning. And being sent home from school less. On one of his happy days, he took his scarf of stretchy nylon he got for Christmas from my sister-in-law, and snapped the assistant principal on the butt with it as she exited his class.
3. I am thankful for a great learning lecture the other night at my sons school about what happens when they turn 18 yrs old and the options in the community available to them for work, school and programs to help them. It was enlightening, interesting and made me understand why God brought Hubbo and I to Oklahoma. Apparently, Oklahoma is the top state in the nation for employment programs for disabled adults over the age of 18. And in the top three or five states in the country for transitioning kids to adulthood and helping them live by themselves.
Very encouraging! Oh and did I mention when I signed in, the older lady said, "Oh your Carson's mother---he's quite a boob man!" The pride swells within me.
4. We have had tons of winter weather since December, and we're due for more Thursday, but no problems with power going out or our car sliding off the road. Let's it keep it that way God!!
5. I got Hubbo this for his birthday, and he LOVES it! http://www.bbcamericashop.com/house-and-home/doctor-who-tardis-4-port-usb-hub-14827.html
It's a geeky tv show thing but when I can find a present for him he wants, it's a win--trust me. The man is harder to buy for than the average male. He doesn't wear aftershave, cologne or ties. Hubbo once kept a gift card for 2 yrs. before he used it. He's had the same wallet for years and I bought him a watch last year and I recently found it in his bag he carries to work. Men.
6. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Pita chips! Stacy's Simply Naked Nothing But Sea Salt Pita Chips. I made some spinach dip for the Super Bowl for myself to accompany the Pita chips. It was so good, I don't even want to describe it because I'm afraid you'll go buy them all up for yourself.
7. My laundry is caught up for two weeks now. 'Nuff said. I feel my chest puffing up a little.
8. We're having pizza tonight and last night was Bunko so I didn't cook either--BONUS!
9. I got a knitting chair!! All for me and too narrow for just about anyone else's hiney in this house--what a shame huh?
10. I'm pleased my Son#1 has decided to let me be his mother again. He informed me the other day he was very sorry I was yelling and frustrated at the brothers, but maybe that meant I shouldn't be a mother if I get frustrated. He thought Mrs. Turner their substitute teacher would make a great mother because she doesn't seem to get frustrated. I picture her with long hair and fairly young with no children of her own, don't you? I tried to explain how EVERYONE gets frustrated and pointed out how every morning he bites my head off when I've done nothing to him but say good morning. But he has finally come around that I should stay and be HIS mother. But that maybe the brothers ought to go live somewhere else forever. Ahh the love.
2 comments:
Ahhhh, too funny, Jules. Sounds like puberty isn't too far away for your #2 son - God help us. Congrats on the "for your hiney only" chair! Your knitting/ reading/yelling at the children chair ;)
I keep seeing pictures of the South all blanketed with snow, and I'm jealous! Would you believe we haven't gotten any significant snow this winter? We've had an inch here and an inch there, but it hasn't stuck around more than a day.
A lot of Idahoans seem to be happy for the break after the last two crazy winters we had, but I miss my white stuff! I hope you guys are having fun with it. :D
p.s. Are we going to see a picture of the knitting chair?
Post a Comment