1. Thanksgiving went as well as we could have hoped. It went by in a flash and then there was son#2 running down the road flashING. I guess sometimes we just have to embrace the warm weather in November & do apparently what comes naturally.
2. I got to see my cousins & their kids/husbands & baby on the way. One cousin home from the Air Force & others in from Virginia/Pentagon. All safe & healthy.
3. I was one of the people that was at Wal-Mart at 4am the day after Thanksgiving. Some call us crazy, I say crazy like fox. I got HUGE deals & am 99% done with Christmas. And I was home & back in bed by 7:30am. Now who's crazy??
4. Hubbo cut son#2's hair. I was not a party to this of which I was totally thankful. It can be stressful & to be honest, I was glad I wasn't home when this went down. However, Hubbo seems to have discovered that son#2 will allow him to use scissors & remain unangered now but will NOT tolerate the clippers anymore. So with son#1 going to a salon now (and son#3 has a salon appointment Saturday too), and son#2 allowing us to use scissors, we have survived another stage of growing up!! Although, when it dried, there was just a touch of Friar Tuck there...
5. Both big boys retakes for school pictures turned out FANTASTIC! (for them) Now if they'll just let me pose them & get a shot for a Christmas photo.
6. Eureka! I think I've figured out how to start & possibly win the war on clutter in my house. I have a game plan people. Now if I can just get the energy to actually put it all into motion....
7. We got to watch a lot of movies this holiday on Hubbo's new tv/Christmas present. We have an old tv in the living room he had before we married & that son#2 pulled off the entertainment center once years ago. The sound is starting to go in it & the buttons on the front stick & won't work. You can't see dark things on it so we've finally entered the world of flat screens & digital tv. Whoo hoo! I had no idea it was so CLEAR! Now I don't have to stand next to the tv when something exciting happens.
8. I'm highly thankful that although Hubbo's company Christmas party was cancelled, he still got a Christmas bonus.
9. And I'm so thankful to my book club girls. We had such fun last night discussing our Christmas books and being giddy & silly while stuffing our faces. Then our crafts were fun & sooo cute! I needed that good, relaxing time & I'm so lucky to have met them.
10. I'm very thankful that Marilyn baked & brought her Rum Cake last night to book club. I really, really, really enjoyed it. And ask anybody, I don't even LIKE cake.:)
1 comment:
Sweetie, you are hilarious. You make your life sound like the most awesome adventure! And ... thanks for the little pep talk. :)
Post a Comment