Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday, er...Wednesday


1. My kids were all three thrilled with their presents. It's hard to please a non-verbal 8 yr old, but I think we did pretty good this year. Except the fish we got died already...we won't speak of this anymore.

2. I was indulged for my birthday & it lasted over several days off and on. Maybe there are good points to having a birthday on Monday after all.

3. There was no stress for food prep during Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I planned and stuck to the plan. Who knew that actually worked? And an extra shout out to Ore Ida frozen russet potatos. Those things are worth their weight in gold to not have to peel and boil them. Steam in the bag ten minutes, then mash. Easiest real mashed potatos ever!

4. Much pie was consumed. Birthday, pumpkin and chocolate. I love pie.

5. My gifts to my neices and nephews were a huge hit! From real tiara's to a remote controlled monster Jeep.

6. My ears don't ache which is grand! Now if they'll just pop I'd be on cloud nine. Hmm Cloud Nine pie still in the fridge....

7. Two days of Christmas break the kids were able to get outside for a whole afternoon. They jumped, swung (is that right?) and son#2 even found some mud to befriend all over his body.

8. I got a Christmas card from one of the only people I haven't found from high school. She and I were so close, I can't wait now to really reconnect!

9. I got out to the mall this past weekend (yes on purpose) with a friend for girl time. We banded together since we each go maybe once a year. Sadly we spent a good deal of time in Sears because we're both old. But we had a blast and I enjoyed the time away from my kids.

10. The baby still naps. It's my saving grace for 5 more days till school starts again.

1 comment:

Danna Ramsey said...

You are cracking me up! Befriending mud, indeed. It's good to catch up! And tell Matt he did REALLY WELL with the card!