Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday



1. School has resumed. Do you hear that? It's called peace & quiet. What? Oh that? That sound is my blood pressure going down a few points.

2. My house is clean, dishes all done, dinner in the crockpot and laundry in the washer.

3. Three-fourths of the Christmas decorations are put away. The tree may not make it back to the garage. It's on it's last legs. Getting rid of it, sounds so much more appealing than restoring it at this point.

4. The weather is still cold. I know, I'm in the minority but I'm happy with winter as long as no power is lost & roads are safe.

5. Book club was wonderful last night. I needed that. Apparently Ms. Evelyn that I sat next to last night, let us in on the fact that the man who calls to tell you your books are in, has a sexy voice and great diction. (Evelyn is 84 years old and I think her memory is better than mine.)

6. I'm loving my birthday present. It's been a sanity saver the last couple of weeks. And to be honest, it's all mine, no one elses. Not many things fall into that category when you're a mommy.(Hubbo got me an iPod Touch)

7. I'm thankful for Facebook so I can keep up with family members & friends that don't live close by.

8. I finally got pretty close on a recipe that Hubbo wanted recreated from his youth. Tasted pretty good too. If you know Taco Time restuarants, I think I have a pretty good Crisp Meat burrito recipe. Although I'm still fooling around with which cheese is best.

9. Sounds weird but I'm so pleased son#1 isn't obessed with his Nintendo DS he got for Christmas. I was hoping he wouldn't turn into that kid that runs into you in the store because they aren't watching where they are going.

10. One of my resolutions this New Years is that my knitting projects this year, will be only be what I want to knit. and the majority will be for ME! I'm thankful for that--truly!:)

1 comment:

SewIknit2 said...

our lads are back at school too and household is beginning to return to "normal"!
super to find you on FB! I'm newish to it but thoroughly addicted!
did you SEE all the groups I joined? lol!
I've mostly always knitted (and sewed) for myself and glad to seethis is your 10th resolution for this year!
Hugs! Sue xxx