Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday

1. I'm thankful for the older Christian gentleman that stopped & found my son in the road today when he was able to defeat the gate & get out of the yard. I'm so thankful God watched out for him & that it wasn't a bad person that found him. Lord am I thankful about that. I'm thankful I didn't have a complete meltdown after the police & neighbors saw me pre-shower & freaking out. I'm thankful that the police didn't just deem me a bad mommy right there & take me away.

2. I'm thankful son#2's field trip got cancelled for tomorrow. *I know I sound like the Grinch--but one that would be exhausting.*

3. I'm thankful for my friends with true listening, friendship ears & hearts.

4. I'm thankful I got to have a meal alone with my husband for our anniversary Saturday & that my kids were wonderful for my mother.

5. I'm thankful I FINALLY get to get a new cell phone because mine hasn't kept a charge in the battery since June.

6. I'm thankful that I got a shower today. Mother to mother: 'nuff said.

7. I'm thankful Curious George is visiting our house this week & we're doing a photo op tonight with him. *more on that later*

8. I'm thankful Pizza Hut cooked our dinner last night.

9. I'm thankful that I think we can repair the computer cabinet door son#2 (a.k.a. Bam-Bam) ripped off the hinge last night in his hissy fit meltdown.

10. And I'm thankful my bestest girlfriends are coming up from Texas this weekend so we can PAR-TAY non-mommy style!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

First, Happy Anniversary! Glad you got to go out on a hot date to celebrate. :)

That must have been so scary having one of the kids make a break for the open road like that! I have one fairly resourceful escape artist myself, so that is a constant fear of mine. I'm so thankful that everything turned out well. I think this must happen to tons of moms every day--kids are slippery!

Enjoy your fun girl time this weekend. Sounds like a blast! I'm getting away with the girls this weekend, too, but it won't be quite the same level of blissful relaxation, since we're going to a teachers' conference...lol!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you in all the rain and figured that the school pumpkin patch trip was postponed but I had no idea things had been so crazy at your place !! I hope all has settled down and yes thank God your son is safe!!