Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday

Apparently I'm getting old, because once again, I'll start with the weather.

1. I am VERY thankful today is not 88 degrees like yesterday. Today is said to be TEN whole degrees cooler.

2. I just mailed off a whole bunch of paperwork that took me a week or so to get together, filled out & ready to mail off for/about the kiddos. I love having paperwork monkeys off my back!!!!

3. Son#3, my mom & I went for Chinese for lunch. I don't get to eat out with my mom often, or eat Chinese so it was nice. Not to mention an extra shout out for excellent behavior from son#3.
(Except when he double slapped my face in Ulta.)

4. Fundraising for sons#1 and #2--OVAH!!!! (read: over) Halleluah! They double teamed me this year & both schools sent them home at the same time.

5. I'm thankful for my neighbor Jennifer who brought over some extra Rib Crib take out they couldn't use. That's our dinner tonight folks & what makes it so fantastic is, I didn't have to cook it!!! Add chips...limeades....POOF--instant meal!

6. Our bus drivers & helpers. They are SO wonderful with our kids and sweet to them. The older vets that drive son#2's bus want updates this week after son#2 goes to dental surgery tomorrow morning. They love him so much. We're blessed to have such good people looking after our kiddos when they aren't with us.

7. One of my knitted hat pictures on Ravelry.com got chosen to be THE picture they show with that pattern as the example. It's not some big deal really, but in my mind, it was a lot flattering.

8. I'm thankful for meeting up with two friends last Friday night that I don't normally scrapbook with. One was there on my invitation, the other by chance. It was a fun suprise.

9. Okay, this ones a tad weird I know, but I'm very happy with a recent purchase of a cast iron dutch oven. I LOVE this thing. I'm using it for anything & everything lately. I can do meats in it & they don't splatter up on me like with a cast iron skillet. I have to love it since I'm washing it by hand & drying it as soon as I'm done with it. Thank you Paula Deen for this great investment idea for my kitchen.

10. Another strange thank you....Friday morning last week after the trashmen came (of course), I found someone had left a "present" on my sidewalk. A bag from potatos. With some rotten, juicy ones in the bottom. Have you ever seen that before? Ever smelled it?? Stinks to HIGH HEAVEN I kid you not! Like feet, throw-up & BO all in the same area. I was at a loss. What could I do with it? Not leave it on the sidewalk, and for sure not put it in the garbage can in the garage for the next 4 days. So I ended up leaving it outside next to the side of the house. I was rather embarrssed yesterday when the lawn guy saw it. Well, today was trash day. As soon as I got up this morning, my mission was to make sure hubbo did NOT forget to take that little prize to the curb. He didn't, and the potato poison potion is gone! Horray!!!

2 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Thank you darling, for the bloggie award! Love you!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I think #7 is definitely something of which to be proud! That is a big deal!!! Congratulations!!!