Monday, November 06, 2006

24

***WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT-PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED***

November 5-6, 2006

10pm-11pm: ate leftover Arby's roast beef sandwich for very late dinner

11pm-12am: regretted roast beef sandwich;pondered if meat had gone bad

12am-1am: writhed in anguish in bed wondering if it was possible to reach the sink to puke into while sitting on toilet (yet can't puke!)

1am-2am: kicked by #1 son & every time I roll over to change positions I feel the need to vomit again

2am-3am: get up to return to sit upon the throne-burps, bad smelly, foul burps like I've eaten a 10 day old skunk

3am-6am: tossing & turning, kicks from #1 son, get baby his bottle & go back to sleep wondering if it's possible #1 son is part donkey (still feel need to puke & can't)

6am-8am: sleep, deep, heavy, wonderful sleep!

8am-10am: trips to the water closet-too many to count, for various recreations

10am-noon: toss & turn in bed while watching a Lifetime movie where the boyfriend tries to kill the girlfriend & she never saw it coming-obviously a new one....NOT

Noon-2pm: clean up poop, puke & saltine crumbs in just about every room & floor covering in my house
3/5 of us have flu

3pm-5pm: take my turn watching volcanic activity amongst the children (and self) while husband naps

5pm-6pm: call best friend to bring 7-Up, more saltines & diapers to leave on porch

6pm-6:10pm: I FINALLY GET TO PUKE! Ahhhh I feel better already!

6:10-6:30pm: new mantra-I WILL NEVER EAT ARBYS AGAIN! (something terribly wrong with something that stays so unwelcome in the upper half of your digestive system for so many hours)

6:30pm-8pm: baby finally succumbs to flu-in all venues

8pm-10pm: cleaning of more poo, urps & saltine crumbs; getting children ready for bed, almost crying at the thought of having uninterupted sleep soon; (sniff sniff) I smell "weakness" from last of the herd. I'm sure he'll fall prey soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the next season of "24" will involve chicken pox...

Anonymous said...

Aaaahhh, if only they were to last 24hours!
It seems all children are either carriers, or are the full blown virus reproductive play grounds that bring us(parents) to our knees. Even the great bulls that wander the earth and may only get sick once a year. They lure us in by their pleads to save and cute(all be it snot ladden) faces saying "hold me" and BOOOM! Down we go. Now, that is another story, for another day when queziness is not in the air anymore. (urp!!!) Excuse me :0)
Jason

Anonymous said...

Hope you are all feeling much better very soon!

Katrina said...

Oh, I felt this post in every fiber of my being--how miserable! Hope you got the uninterrupted sleep of your dreams, and that everyone will be in tip top shape soon!