These are the ramblings of a mother of two Autistic sons. I can only share what I've learned & picked up along the way in hopes it helps someone else out or keeps me from going insane. Personally, I'm hoping for the latter.
Thursday, March 03, 2016
Faith
Do you need your faith reinforced that God isn't finished with Carson's story? Cause I'm not feeling too worried.
I realized after the first TX no, that this is God and Carson's journey and I'm simply along for the bumpy ride as the trumpeter.
But if you need a little pick me up after today's little pothole in our journey-- I have a story for you.
I have a new member of Team Carson (We really needs shirts don't we?!)---she's been a friend for awhile now but now she's my, "Tell em I'm coming and hell's comin' with me!" lawyer.
That's a pretty long title so we'll shorten that to my Hella Lawyer. She is ready to reign down fire on anyone who isn't going to get on board with what's best for Team Carson.
I can totally say she is a little spicy. And I love it. She's that person that says everything I want to say outloud, where as I hide behind my dimples and smile not saying a word.
So Hella Lawyer happened to be by coincidence going to the state capital today--the day of our 2nd TX decision. After I heard the verdict, I texted her and let know where everything stood. Told her I hoped she could get time to stop by Rep N's office and thank them for the help and update them on the verdict. And let them know that the hospital deadline to discharge him is tomorrow at 4pm.
So she goes to the office of N and just misses him---updates assistant.
Then Hella Lawyer goes to Rep D's office who I hadn't heard back from--but he is my state district rep. (unlike N who just likes me I guess)
She and Rep D's assistant get off to rough start---assistant felt she knocked a tad too much/loudly.
My friend was in a hurry and sort of busting in, in what I picture as a Kramer form Seinfeld way.
Assistant is of a more mature generation and didn't take to my Hella Lawyer's update or questioning of where the situation was at. Or take it as friendly. Assistant called me while Hella Lawyer sat there.
It was like I was the mom, and the principal was calling to tell me my daughter was in the office.
Assistant was so kind to me. She spoke to me in a grandmotherly tone. I filled her in on reaching out via Twitter yesterday (which she let us know isn't a proper way to really communicate) to Rep D.
She hangs up with me--and Assistant proceeds to rip Hella Lawyer a new one.
Hella Lawyer begins to gravel, gravel and more graveling. She said she knew Assistant was smarter than her, she did not in any way mean to address her in a way that indicated anything less.
That Hella Lawyer had worked as court staff before and knew of lawyers that spoke like that. She in no way wanted or meant to use such a tone.
She explains she just got this case yesterday---she was here at the capital for another reason and was stopping in because she happened to be there.That she ran over to try and catch Rep D.
And the cherry on top was telling Assistant she reminded her of Hella Lawyer's mother. What age is your mother, Assistant wanted to know---65 yrs old.
Assistant says she is 72 yrs old and flattered. Feathers are no longer ruffled, they are smoothed now.
Assistant says apology accepted.
Hella Lawyer still beating herself up, apologizing for anything misconstrued---Assistant says, "We had a small thing--it's over--when are you gonna let it go?"
She's a pistol. You can ascertain which "she" I mean.
Assistant says she is going to look into this for us. Assistant says she has been in contact with Rep D the whole time they've been talking.
And Assistant says it's kind of nice that Rep D knows some people at the hospital.
Yes. Yes that IS nice.
Hella Lawyer and Assistant start to walk out together--they are now on each others Christmas card list. There's a bond now. Assistant looks at Hella Lawyer and says, "Let's get to the important question."
Okay.
Assistant asks her: "Do you know Jesus?"
"Yes. I do. I take my two kids to church every Sunday."
"Then let's see what plan God has for Carson."
So---see, I'm okay. I'm good. God has shown me time and time again---stay the course.
I'm all in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment