Carson's arms are doing VERY well! His right arm is completely healed. And
it is a sock on his arm--brace--another sock over the brace. Small set back on the
left/original arm where someone changed the dressing and did not replace a
bandage so it was an ACE bandage today that was stuck to the wound---not nice.
He needed some pain pills and was shaky for most of the day but he was perking
up when I left today.
The left now has bandage--sock--brace--sock. Hopefully before he leaves the
hospital he will be in socks/braces only. And I have decided as a measure of
comfort to him for anxiety, we will keep socks/braces for the move and while
adjusting to a new facility.
I believe this will also protect him from any chance of re-injury.
But I am sure one day in the future he will move past this anxious and
desire to keep his arms covered. I just have no real problem letting him have
them as a security blanket for as long as he needs, to never go backwards.
This morning Carson's DHS worker called me on my way to the hospital. This
is some encouraging news. I am finally letting myself be excited and
hopeful.
New Mexico is pretty much off the table because their type of facility is
for psych patients meeting short term goals---and I guess the OKHCA finally got
something right--because he doesn't need short term. Carson needs long term
goals and placement--in what is called a ICFID--Intermediate Care Facility for
Intellectually Disabled.
So I am pleased NM is finally off the table!!! Thank you God!
The DHS worker said yesterday evening, her supervisor finally got ahold of
the director for the San Antonio Autism Treatment Center the sister facility to
the Dallas Autism Treatment Center.
(Which I will from here forward abbreviate SA ATC)
The Director for SA ATC, Dr. Z, said they have 7 houses there in SA, and 2
are especially for kids from out of state.
She has 2 spots open in the out of state house and 3 kids applying.
Dr. Z said it's hard to contract with them out of state but they do have
some kids from Colorado, so it can be done.
Dr. Z also said she would like to Facetime with Carson soon. I think this
is a stellar idea! And a better way to get to know the real Carson that isn't on
paper.
Maybe even as early as Monday.
The funding issue with SA ATC is probably going to involve educational
dollars.
SO--here's what we're going to pray on Prayer Warriors:
1. Pray for Carson's arms to continue to heal & for his anxiety to
lessen. Please God.
I have struggled with the drs/psychiatrist horribly with that fight for
weeks now.
2. Pray for San Antonio to work out. Please. Getting him INTO Texas is 90%
of the battle I have fought for almost 3 yrs now.
Pray for the funding to come through---however it needs to come
through---educational dollars etc.
And pray they see him as the gloriously, smart, funny boy that he truly is.
Pray they'll want to foster those qualities and help him continue to grow past
any issues of communication and behavior, that he needs.
3. Pray for God-speed. We need things to work smoothly, quickly and for the
greater good.
I am quite aware I will need to actually follow through and contact my Pit
Bull Lawyer soon and perhaps plan a field trip to the state capital again. They
are the only ones who can put the beat down on OKHCA. I am praying I have the
energy for that if and when it comes.
4. Pray for all involved--we're all so tired--the Judge, the lawyers, the
doctors, my fantabulous nurses, the exceptional sitters, Ruby the Red and
especially for Carson's DHS worker. I told her today I could hear the exhaustion
in her voice. I could be wrong but she sounded a little like emotions were maybe
brimming in her eyes.
I knew what she felt and how frustrating it was. I know how it feels like
you're purposefully putting your head through a wall each day. And the stupid
hamster wheel that is OKHCA--riding that daily is a nauseating trip. I told her
today that she was doing what I did by myself for 3 yrs. And I told
her I had people that would pray her through this last little bit. She is doing
the bulk of this fight.
A couple of friends pointed out to me this week-- something I just couldn't
see---I've come a long way. I can't see it because I'm so close & my head is
looking down really concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other. In
my eyes if I haven't gotten him into TX, I'm not there. I'm not at my goal to
see him happy.
Anything else is failure. But I am starting to see what they're saying. I
guess it's been so long I've truly forgotten how far of a road I've walked down
in all this.
The DHS Worker is tired. I recognize the sound of it well.
Please help me lift her up in prayer. I know with God's help we can keep
her going.
No comments:
Post a Comment