Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Court



 #1--the DHS worker talked to the abuse hotline & they dropped the second/most recent case saying it was a repeat call/same arm. I was livid.

#2--She also saw Carson yesterday & his arm is much, much worse. She had pictures. He is unable to leave his sleeve down and wants to itch/pick at the area which is larger & more red.

#3--The state IS cutting contracts with facilities out of state because their budget got cut. And OK Health Care Authority, which funds Carson's living arrangements, "feel all Carson's needs are being met at Rose Rock. And he will soon meet the baseline of all we can expect from him goal wise in life. And we don't feel like sending him out of state."
Ooohhh really Oklahoma?! REALLY?! So they aren't interested in sending him to Tahlequah/People Inc. They think he is just fine where he is.

The judge was appalled at the new pictures from yesterday. We all agreed it's terribly infected. She asked if a medical doctor had looked at it--DHS worker said RR's dr had. I piped up that RR's only on site medical dr was a psychiatrist. The judge ordered we find an outside dermatologist/dr to come & look at Carson's arm. She later even thought of a Dr to scan/email the pictures too. And wants a report in the next weeks.Our attorney informed the DHS worker if she found people weren't moving, let him know & he'd draft a petition and have the judge sign it.

We discussed how Rose Rock doesn't even WANT Carson there. The judge's hands are tied & Rose Rock has Carson approved to stay until May 5--after that, we'll see if they try to discharge him. The next step seems obvious to me. I will need to make a trip to the capital & call a meeting. Those are the only people who have any power to free up funding for Carson & any kid like him who the state of Oklahoma, cannot meet their needs. The judge mentioned Chicago as the origin of Rose Rock and if it would be better--but should that become a real option, I plan to point out I cannot check on him/be available for him as I could in an adjoining state. But right now, I'm not worried about that. I'm thinking of ways to put the screws to Rose Rock. I cannot tell you how many agencies & people I run into who think that Rose Rock is fantastic.

The stupidity of this state amazes me. I mean, you haven't managed to care for my child--and you feel that's okay. That his physical needs or mental stimulation do not matter--not just to you, but at all!
 Let me just tell you where you went wrong Oklahoma. It would have been sooo much easier & soooo much cheaper you money hungry fools, if you had given me not only what I wanted & asked nicely for, but had actually proven you cared about my child's well-being. Because I can guaran-damn-tee you that now--NOW, it is going to cost you so much more to shut me up about your ineptitude, than it would have to give it to me when I asked nicely. Watch me play your game and beat you at it suckers!

No comments: