My "To DO List" is getting longer instead of shorter.
I keep thinking of things I need to do before son#2 comes home for good. Or even before his next visit on Aug 31.
I ordered the new seat belt locks for both cars--$25 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Buckle-Guard-Seat-Safety-Black/dp/B002XUYF9C/ref=pd_bxgy_ba_img_c
We'll probably order the fridge lock after payday. It was rated rather high, especially by people with Alzheimers keeping their significant other out of the fridge--sounds promising.
I'm cleaning out a closet for son#2 today. This house has the smallest closets I've ever seen and there's no way he can share a closet with son#3. We had bigger ones in college in our first apartment!
I need to get a 3 wide drawer rolling cart for his clothes & several things of hangers. We only have one dresser in this house--ours. Long story short, it has saved floor space for kids to have more room to play--hence the Rubbermaid drawers in the closet.
I have door knobs that we've taken off & turned around so I need to get those changed back. I really need to find a carpenter & get a quote ASAP on building a small pantry for us so that it's done before September 26th.
I have a million phone calls of people to notify, school papers to fill out for transferring him back etc.
I've made doctor appointments for the 27th already to transfer handling of meds.
I need a new trashcan that has a lid that swings but mostly stays shut so I can leave it in the house & not have to put it in the garage as well. I could use a new can opener so that lids/cans don't have the sharp edge that have caused calls to 911 in the past with son#2.
I'll probably need some more Rubbermaid that fits under the beds for toy storage when we unbunk them this weekend. (Lord, a small prayer that our backs hold out during that.)
I need to either find new, happy homes for all my plants or see if realistically they are safe on top of the fridge.
I've really enjoyed having plants again, but son#2 loves to tear the leaves off and eat the dirt.
I probably need to let our not so loving landlord know that the gate on the fence is sagging and since son#2 is a flight risk, so is the gate. And I need to let her know there is something wrong with the garage door--we have to manually make it go up & down.
While all this sounds overwhelming (and that's not even buying a truck load of diapers/wipes & gloves) I am trying in the midst of all this prep, to take into consideration how sons#1 and #3 start school in two days. Getting their supplies ready, make sure they have enough clothes/shoes and talking them each down from nervousness as they each start a brand new school.
Signed--
Looking Forward to Finding My New Normal ASAP
No comments:
Post a Comment