Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ten Things Thursday

Wow what a reprieve I've been on huh? Last bit of school took way more attention than I thought. And then after a week off, summer school started up. Luckily the busy frenzy has been a good thing--just enough without being too much.

1. Thank you dear Jesus that summer is going well without too many upsets so far! (knock on wood)

2. The library has a great selection of dvd's and books for the kids. And the summer reading program with their "prizes" has son#3 occupied at least once a week.

3. We've done some experiements already--submarine filled with baking powder that dives & dives. We are also set to let a Mentos/2 liter Coke rocket go soon.

4. I've been to my bookstore about 3 times so far, accumulating all kinds of new authors and finding books a great distraction from all the noise. With son#3 not napping this year, he is chattering ALL. THE. TIME.

5. I have a new crafting table in my bedroom thanks to Hubbo. And it is providing tons of escape for me. I'll post some pictures of my latest creations soon.

6. Son#2 is finding his way through summer school without his main, favorite teacher. It's taken some adjustment time but there is hope it's working out and he's at least staying clothed. Always a plus.

7. The newest puppy is growing like a weed and very much a positive influence on puppy#1. She is coming out of her shell, active all the time and really seems happy. She now explores the house, plays with puppy#2 and is eating/drinking more than just at night. The boys seem to enjoy the interaction with them both now too. Yay!

8. I'm thankful the weather hasn't been too bad so far (again, knock on wood). It's hot, and even somewhat humid, but we've had many bouts of rain and the cloud cover is ALWAYS welcome by me. I'm still nervous about withering away in July/August, but trying to stay in the moment of June being tolerable. Summer isn't my strongest time.

9. We're finally all caught up on NCIS. Since episode 1 of season 1 to the finale earlier this month. We're DONE! Now on to NCIS LA!

10. I'm also very thankful for absolute quiet. When I see it again, I will recognize it and embrace it with a much missed hug.

1 comment:

Keri T said...

thank you for reminding me of "life" - you are a beautiful example to me of one who "lives" life. I can catch some energy just reading. I imagine your efforts to make life rich grow each time you exert them. Thank you!