Things here have been crazy the past month with son #2, and I don't want to get into it all just yet. I need some distance, plus it's not all over with. So in the meantime, in honor of the last day of school,and all the stuff son#1 is bringing home from his desk, let's all smile & give a chuckle to his journal entries. The literal mind of an 11 year old, sort of simplifies things for me & makes me feel better.
If I went to the jungle: I would see a snake. You can look but don't touch. The jungle is cool.
If I went to the beach: I would build a sand castle. I also would barry doritos in the sand. Then we play in the sand. Then when it is time to go I pick up the doritos.
My dentist trip: They gave me medicine. My tongue did not go numb (like Jar Jar did) then we went home.
My weekend: For dinner this Saturday was Munchies. For dinner this Sunday is Lays. (orange)
note: I eat those a little bit so I don't jump around. *Son#1 knows if he eats junk & jumps around a lot, he'll probably throw up.*
My weekend: Julie went to a hole tell. Matt stayed. She came home this Sunday. *I really hope the teacher doesn't think we were fighting.*
My Christmas Break: It is 2009. I played with Grayson. He was cool.
My Imperial Day: I played the Wii. Julie got a new van. It was cool. *don't ask what an Imperial day is, because I do not know, although I always lean towards Star Wars.*
My Martin Luther King Jr. Day: I visited Brain Pop for the movie. They won't let them eat the same Lays. So he had a dream. *this clarifies the fight of civil rights huh?*
My Presidents Day: I played on my Nintendo ds. Matt got the van. It felt better. * we tell them at the cars go to vehicle hospitals*
My weekend: Julie went back to scrapbooking to finish. She was back before dinner. I love her.
My Spring Break: We cleaned up for visitors. I showed them the Wii. I love them. *I think this was his uncle/aunt & cousins.*
My weekend: Julie hurt her leg after scrapbooking. It will feel better soon. Matt got me Munchies. caution: she hops on one leg as a bunny
My Easter day: We hunted for eggs inside. They have gummies. We ate them. *this one feels like it needs a Biblical, "And it was good." at the end doesn't it?*
My weekend: On Saturday we went to Big Lots. I got a Sprite bottle. We got more stuff at Big Lots.
My Mother's Day weekend: We went to the Autism run. I played on the trampoline. Then at Best Buy we got presents for Julie.
Memorial day weekend: Grayson and Carson went with Matt. I stayed with Julie. They got home.
And last night we had to pick up Hubbo from work, so we all piled in the tiny, red clown car since the van is still in the car hospital. These are the laugh out loud observations son#1 made on this trip. Amazing how they listen to every little thing even when you think they aren't.
First we passed the armory in town that is where the weekend reserve military people meet up. He yells out, "There's a civil war tank!" Hubbo & I both felt quite old & discussed how to our kids, WWII will seem like the Civil War did to us.
Then we come to a huge Bible college here in town called Rhema. Their auditorium is quite large & has a well lit digital moving sign out front. While waiting at a light in front of it, Jack asked if this was where American Idol was.
Then we discussing someone marrying someone else, and he pipes up and asks, "Marian? She's on Indiana Jones!"
me: "Not that Marian honey."
As we pull up to Charlie's Chicken, son#1 bursts out, "There's the red barn house with the chicken memorial!" * the rooster weather vane on the roof*
And finally as we're in line at the drive-thru, he asks me, "Maybe Harrison Ford is in that car in front of us."
me: "Why do you think that?"
son#1: "I noticed his hair.."
2 comments:
These are awesome! I read them out loud to Uncle Paul, who was delighted. I love getting stuff like this from school--it's definitely great scrapbook material!
my favorite quote? "she was back before dinner. I love her."
Post a Comment