Men & women deal with situations differently and also approach the problem from completely different ang
les. I'm throwing this out there because today when I went to get some eggs of the fridge to make son #3's birthday cake, THIS is what I found.Do you see the scotch tape on the end!!?? Do you know what it's covering? A crack. When we brought these home Saturday, and hubbo was putting them up, there was one egg with a crack. I told him to gently leave it on top, I'd use it up in the next two days. I think his guy mind said, "No, I can fix this."
So this is how the male mind decides is the best, easiest fix to a cracked egg. Scotch tape. Not the way I personally would have approached it, but he gets points for inventiveness.
I guess I'm just lucky he didn't use duct tape huh?
8 comments:
I almost used duct tape for style points, but the scotch tape was easier to grab at the moment.
"Git 'er done!"
Exit question: do chicken eggs taste the same as duct eggs?
By the way, I personally fumbled the egg and put the crack in it. Therefore, the tape was a means to preserve maximum freshness rather than sealing up an already rotten egg.
You better say it was you, Aunt Sandra will be reading this too ya know. **Aunt Sandra gives us our eggs. Wait! I didn't mean SHE gives us eggs, I meant she has the chickens that give us our eggs. Oh nevermind!
The question is: did it work? Did the tape seal in freshness, or did you break the egg to be greeted by a wave of rotten egg smelliness?
I begrudingly admit, it did indeed work.
Perhaps the glue from the tape seeped into the receptive egg shell and created a new taste never before experienced in the universe of breakfast omelets. Necessity IS the mother of invention, although invention is often the father of trips to the emergency room or poison control center.
Matt, u get twelve points. Seven for neatness, five for style.
Effective, efficient, and priceless. But I would have never thought of it...
I am just SEW glad my dh didn't think of this as he "steadied" the box of eggs on our SLOPING bin-lid while he opened the fridge door and yes they all slid down the lid and crashed to the floor - you're right, MEN just don't think the same as women!
Sue
Post a Comment