Friday, November 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy

Today would have been my father's 74th birthday. He would have a big pecan pie. And I'm sure I would have bought him something with the St. Louis Cardinals on it. There was a song I kept hearing on the radio during the few days before he died & afterwards too. It seemed like such a heart wrenching thing at the time, but I never had the strength to turn the station. I always had to listen. Then later on, it became more like a comforting pat on the back from God. The words are such an honest read on what heaven ultimately is. Shedding the sins & struggles we have carried all these years.

"When I Get Where I'm Goin" by Brad Paisley with Dolly Parton

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thinking of you today. :)

Katrina said...

I'm sorry your dad's not here to share that pecan pie with you. You have some really sweet memories of him, and I love your thoughts about heaven. Love you.

SewIknit2 said...

Large woolly hugs, belatedly to you!