Today, October 18, 2007 hubbo & I have been married 10 years. A DECADE!!!! In many ways it went by fast & it also doesn't seem like 10 years. Then, in other areas, we've gone through a lot for just ten years.
I take you to be my wedded wife.
I take you to meet my family who live far, far away in a state you've never been to. I take you on a trip back to our honemoon spot. I take you on a three day trip back home to see my mother one last time. I take you out to dinner when I can afford it & there's a babysitter. I take you for granted sometimes when I shouldn't.
To have and to hold,
To have some money. To hold your hand. To have some babies. To hold keys to a new house and a new car. To have common sense.
from this day forward, for better, for worse,
Moving. Jobs. Babies. Cancer. Moving. Friends. Branson. Weddings. Babies. Death. Respect.
for richer, for poorer,
Your job-through famine & feast-they understand the needs of our family and allow us to parent accordingly.
in sickness or in health,
Autism for two, your mother's cancer, a two-year-old's broken leg, two sets of tonsils, and my father.
to love and to cherish 'till death do us part.
The way you make me laugh out loud, even when I don't want to. You talking to me in the car and missing a turn. Your helpfullness with the house and all that's in it. Diaper duty and playing with the kids comes so naturally to you. Your selflessness and your endless patience with me and the children. Oh and your snoring.
And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness.
For many more decades, hubbo. Many more, so don't think you're going anywhere anytime soon.
3 comments:
What a fabulous post!
and congratulations on the decade!!
Sue
Happy Anniversary! And many, many more!
Happy Anniversary! Ten years...hard to believe it went by so fast! Hugs to all of you. :)
Post a Comment