Son#1 had an assembly coming up at school & he'd always backed out in the past. He practice all nice, but would never perform at the end in front of everyone. I told him I'd come to this one & he promptly told me then he'd sit with me & wouldn't sing. I told him I wasn't coming to see everyone else sing, just him. And that if he didn't perform, I wasn't going to go at all. I tried to bribe him with taking pictures for his scrapbook, no dice. Finally, the morning of the assembly (Tues-23rd) I said I'd take video if he'd get up there & sing. He readily agreed as long as I'd make it into a Quicktime movie for him to watch on the computer. (He loves it when we upload the videos from birthdays etc and he watches them over & over on the computer.) Son#1 also told me he'd stand up on stage, but just mouth the words. I can live with that.
I got to the school early enough with the baby in a stroller to get a good seat. And his class came in soon after. It was all 4th & 5th graders from the whole school. Then the rest of the school/teachers were all piled in the cafeteria to watch. The video doesn't even show HALF the kids on stage. I was really proud of him that he did it! And by that I mean stayed up there & sang or at least pretended too. You can tell he's sort of dancing along, even when there weren't hand movements or choreography. I think he was hamming it up for the camera personally. You'll notice my hand shakes in some of them. That was either, the baby messing with my arm, me laughing or my arm shaking from 15 straight minutes of holding my arm up in the air.
They did a couple small songs & I was thrilled that my camera batteries held out, thinking we were done. I put the camera away & one of my son's teachers offered to take the baby out for a stroll down the hallway to keep him occupied. That was wonderful! Then they handed out awards, which Son#1 did receive one for reading his books for the quarter. When I saw they were going to send a couple more songs, I KNEW I better run get that camera that was in the bottom of the stroller. I ran out into the hallway to get it, talked to some teachers a bit until a helper came out & told me I better hurry. Seems Son#1 wasn't allowing the music teacher to start those songs, until his mom came back with her camera. Sigh! I told you he was a ham!
In the curriculum from the state, the 3rd & 4th graders must learn the Pre-Amble to the Constitution & all states & their capitals. The principal was thrilled when the music teacher Mr. Childers taught it all to the kids in song form. I personally think this is brilliant, but then that's the only way I can remember all of Jesus apostles to be honest.
Enjoy the songs, and the "ants-in-my-pants" dance my son seems to have going on. He's in the bright blue shirt, front row, dead center. Bet they don't make THAT mistake twice. Eat your heart out Britney Spears !!
I recommend, I LOVE, Oklahoma, We the People & The Addams Family. Click here & scroll down.
I Love- http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/JSwaim/The%20Fam/?action=view¤t=Ilove.flv
Oklahoma- http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/JSwaim/The%20Fam/?action=view¤t=oklahoma.flv
We the People- http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/JSwaim/The%20Fam/?action=view¤t=wethepeople.flv
Addams Family- http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/JSwaim/The%20Fam/?action=view¤t=addamsfamily.flv
5 comments:
Too cute! He should have been standing in front of the group directing!
How precious! He did SUCH a great job ! (and so did that singing teacher). You must have been so proud.
Too awesome. He's a professional when it comes to hoedowns; I think Oklahoma was his best! Those are for the archives! :D
Look at him! He did so awesome, and he was clearly enjoying himself. I think you're right about having a little ham on your hands. :D We loved it! My favorite was Oklahoma--that fist pumping in the air on "yah!" was so cute!
He did a great job! Good for him! You must have been thrilled (& the teachers too). That's a big accomplishment.
Post a Comment