Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm it!

I've been tagged (just the thing to jumpstart my blogging again) by my sister-in-law to confess 5 weird things you probably don't know about me.

#1-I'm an old person trapped in a 31 yr old body. I like to watch Golden Girl reruns, hate going to the grocery store, tell everyone to shhhh. I think the Nike shoes today are atrocious & the clothes people wear are down right freaky. I eat cottage cheese, hate the large amounts of pepper that have taken over all food in resturants & I love to knit & read at night. There, I said it. I used to joke about Matt having robbed the cradle with me being 4 yrs younger than him, but now my secret is out. He married an old woman. But you know what they say about younger men & older women. ;)

#2-I love Steven Segal movies. Yes, I realize this may mean I need to see a therapist. Do they have a television therapist that analyzes what shows you watch/like & why??
My two favorites are Under Seige I & II. I could watch them over & over & over. Some other of my favs are, "Hard to Kill"& "The Patriot" . There are tons of famous people in them like, Michael Caine, Tommy Lee Jones, Gary Busey, Marg Helgenberger, Jerry Orbach & Billy Bob Thorton. When his movies come on USA, I'm hooked. I get giddy & excited. I don't find him particularly attractive, so I can't tell you what it is. Maybe the same cheesy factor I find fun & intriguing about Mr. David Caruso.

#3-I like to stay home. I mean I love my house. It's cozy. I'm not an agoraphobe. I don't MIND leaving the house at all & there are times I have to get out & away from kids. But until I got married I didn't realize I was a home-body. I enjoy my bedroom the most. It has my scrapbook table & cabinet of supplies, my sewing machine, walk-in closet with knitting stuff & books, king sized bed, tv & computer. I could pretty much live in this room. Did I mention there's a lock on the door?

#4-And like Katrina, I've been lured by my husband & the beautiful graphics into the computer gaming of World of Warcraft-better known as WoW. I play online with my husband sometimes & my family. It's a fun way to burn off some stress & get away from life as you know it. And how flattering to have some level 40 Warrior hit on you, or kicking his butt. It depends on my mood that day. I'm not an expert by any means & haven't quite taken it to the level of computer geek/nerd YET-but there's still hope as my husband says.

#5-I love having boys. I do not & have not wanted a girl child much to my mother's tears & frustration. When pregnant, many strangers & friends tried to understand. They would cock their head to the side & say "awww" when I told them I was having my third boy. I called it the pity sigh. However, I have never felt that longing to have a girl. I'm perfectly content & thrilled with all boys. Give me a couple more & I'd be fine. That's ONE of the things stopping me from having another kid, odds aren't in my favor for four boys. I have neices, friends with girls & I don't need the drama. I remember not liking my mother from ages 11-18 or so. I don't care to live through that again. Or the hormones. I have enough stress with broken bones, computer games, sports equipment & black eyes. I don't want the fights about mini skirts, make-up, dating, sex & paying for a wedding. I'd much rather wear beige & keep my mouth shut.

There you have it-I'm not sure I'm TOO weird, but we'll see what YOU all post. Tag your it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

#6 - Don't mess with her Dr. Pepper.
#7 - Sundays are tuned to PBS "Mystery"
#8 - Can smell a dirty diaper before it "happens". Uncanny...
#9 - All food on plate must be compartmentalized.
#10 - Has good taste in men.

Katrina said...

Haha--I love the Matt additions to your list. ;)

#2 I didn't know this about you. My Steven Segal movie knowledge is extremely limited, as evidenced by the fact that before I clicked on the link to "The Patriot", I thought, "Silly Julie--that's a Mel Gibson movie!" By the way, Paul does a great David Caruso impression that cracks me up.

#5 You are a great mother for a pack of boys to have, Julie. I can tell you really loved being the only girl in the house! Don't be surprised, though, if you still end up in discussions about miniskirts (how to avoid leering at scantily dressed classmates), make-up (does black eyeliner as part of a "goth" ensemble count as make-up?), and dating/sex (teaching boys how to treat women takes a lot of "deprogramming" of cultural mores, sadly.)

By the way, I loved this line: "I'd much rather wear beige & keep my mouth shut." ROTFL!

Lisa said...

You totally crack me up! I had no idea about the Steven Segal fascination. I'm the only girl in a work environment of all men, and it's very peaceful (unless they are putting a rubber rat under my chair or doing the "pull my finger" jokes...).

Jules said...

Yes, men have their own humor-that's FOR SURE.:)

Anonymous said...

You are a crack up, Jules.

Mary