I did it! 12 days after having a baby! This isn't bragging, it's just that good feeling that any girl knows. It doesn't have to be after having a baby like my occasion. It can be after losing a goal amount of weight, or just a really special occasion. It's that SURPRISE feeling we gals get when we get dressed for an event or day and you KNOW you look good. I was getting dressed to go back to the doctor of all places. Just a week ago I was depressed because my old jeans wouldn't fit yet. So today I tried them just to SEE, and they FIT!! I mean at this point anything without elastic is a major accomplishment! Funny thing is, a year ago this wasn't that big of a deal. I mean who cared I fit into this pair of jeans. I just wanted to be smaller! But funny thing how you start to miss a little thing like a pair of jeans. It's the uniform of the stay-at-home mom. The jeans. Now I feel more on my way to smaller...in theory. This just jumped started my losing weight right? (Surely that ice cream sundae in celebration doesn't sabotage that right??)
I jumped up & down & did the happy dance all around the room. I didn't have to lay on the bed to zip them, but I won't lie. There IS a roll that seems to escape the top still. But that just meant I changed my shirt to one that would cover it more aggressively. I felt like a million bucks. Didn't last too long, but it felt good. It had been awhile since I felt that good. (9months or more) But that surprise feeling of good self-esteem can last a good month if you're lucky!
Now before you start hating me, I'll insert a sidebar here for you-the jeans referenced to are a size 14. So don't think you've got got some skinny chick all excited about fitting back into her size 2 jeans.
Anyway, it's really too bad we can't bottle that feeling of elation that happens when you're surprised at something so wonderful. We could market it & give it to young girls so they have less self-esteem problems. OR, do they have more of those days than we do? Do we get less of these happy clappy times the older we get? Is that how it works? Is that why we all strive to maintain our youth?
Well, as of now, I'm just happy to bask in the glow of my wonderful day.
For tomorrow is laundry day & that means I'm back to square one...or duck walking around to stretch them back out so they'll fit.
2 comments:
Wooohoooo!!! That IS a momentous day! The first time you can button your prepregnancy jeans (roll or not) deserves a celebration sundae for sure. ;)
I'm not too worried about you losing the rest--with three boys to run around after now, I have a feeling you'll be having trouble just remembering to eat!
That feeling is fantastic - I'm right there with you!
Post a Comment