Over the river and through the woods to court we go again...
This time was different. Whether it was because I was so utterly exhausted from all the work & mental energy I had put towards Carson/Texas the past 8 months, OR because I just didn't know what to expect. Either way, it was different.
I did not know at all what to expect going in. And for once I didn't prep one little thing.
I didn't have my usual note cards, agenda or even a mental game plan.
My prep this time was a long, hot shower and some Mega Stuff Oreos.
I met up with the DHS worker as soon as I arrived at the courthouse and told her I was sort of hoping someone would be found in contempt of court & go to jail. She said the people at risk wouldn't be in the courtroom. I volunteered to go on the ride-along to get them and I offered to buy lunch.
She laughed. I was pretty serious but, whatever.
The wait was long but our time before the judge was short.
The judge wasn't pleased it took Rose Rock so long to obey two court orders and hand over Carson's medical records. The DHS worker, Carson's attorney & I were all surprised that the judge had a copy. None of us had received one. And there we were in black & white on the court order to be provided copies.
So I guess it's Rose Rock's way of doing the bare minimum of what they had to, to not end up in jail. But show control by not providing them to anyone else.
AND---the cherry on top? The medical records do NOT show that Rose Rock has EVER had a doctor see Carson's arms.
Which means they've been lying all along. To DHS, to us, to the judge.
I'm sure you're as shocked by this as I am.
Now, the judge wants DHS/me to take Carson to see an outside doctor this week.
Our new DHS worker has contacted me already this evening and wants me to make the appointment and pick up/take Carson to the appointment.
So there's where we are folks. More shocking examples of the facility not being held accountable and the good guys not having much recourse. This is life. And I find it to be the sucky side.
No comments:
Post a Comment