I had lunch today with a friend. A fellow Fighting Mom friend.
Her son is with Carson at Rose Rock, in the same cottage even.
No two children are alike there but these boys have quite a few similarities.
She and I met by random chance on my birthday last year.
We've struck up a unique friendship that will last us for years to come I'm sure.
My friend was at Rose Rock yesterday & said there are some changes they are implementing since the Oklahoma Health Care Authority investigated last week.
They went in & checked out the kids rooms, checked on their cleanliness, clothes they wear and even talked to some of the children even.
So this week Rose Rock made some changes. Giving the kids haircuts & also they put up some cameras around the campus. Shocked? I know I am. There are now cameras in the cafeteria, by the basketball court, by the gate where people go in/out and in the kids cottages. This is all terrific news, but what I want to know is who is monitoring these cameras. And after all the administrators go home, who is monitoring them?
Don't get me wrong, I am so very happy that the pressure we applied & asked for at the Capitol meeting, is being demonstrated.
But, DHS is coming this next week to auit Rose Rock and to keep it completely real with you, I'm wondering how closely they'll be looking. It's like dirty cops trying to investigate the mob in my eyes. So I'm cautiously optimistic, because my God can use anyone. I look forward to hearing what changes Rose Rock will make after this next audit. Any changes for the positive at that facility, effect my son & therefore please me.
My friend & I go together tomorrow to see Peoples Inc. in Talequah to see their set up for our boys. Supposedly, there will be a child who turns 18 yrs old in May and ages out of the system, leaving an opening for one child.
Even though there are two kids ahead of Carson on the list, somehow they are saying he would probably get this slot. We have plenty of questions & concerns going in. I've heard it's fabulous & she's heard from someone, it's horrible. I'll be shooting for my own hand--as Princess Merdia says in the movie "Brave".
We'll keep ya posted. Thanks for any prayers you want to throw our way tomorrow. I couldn't really tell you if we are wanting it to suck or be terrific. This is Carson's last chance in Oklahoma. I struggle because if he is moved here & fails, I will need an immediate Plan B because the door to Rose Rock will be closed. Which is good---but being in Talequah is the last stop in the state for him---we either have to rule it out before he even goes & save him any extra moving/changes. Or, we have to send him & wait and see how he does. All while holding a plan B in my back pocket waiting on the sidelines to see how it all plays out.
This is exactly why I have until April/May to check out Peoples Inc---see if it even has a fence or if they even WANT a kid like Carson. And why I have until May to make a plan B and get it lined up.
Which looks like perhaps another trip to Texas is on the horizon to meet with a super secret lady who I think may just be the KeyMaster in Texas & know the GateKeeper in Oklahoma.
Have I mentioned how tired I am? Yeah I'm kind of tired. Your prayers & encouragement have kept me going when I wanted to lay down & nap. Or watch Netflix. Thank you for that. Really. If I'm not returning your calls or answering your emails or texts---please forgive me. I'm sort of really sick of myself right now & always being in business mode. Where did January go?

No comments:
Post a Comment