Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Fort Knox of Kitchens

No school this week so it's been a crazy few days. Son#2 is getting bored and finding things to occupy his time which reminds me to give you a quick six things I had to remove from the kitchen and lock up because of son#2.


1. Knives in the knife block have been fine since forever. This summer, he figured out what they were, and pulled them all out one day and lined them up on the counter. They are banished to the garage. Not fun in the middle of cooking to go unlock the garage and find yourself a knife.

2. No more dishtowels out in the kitchen. I can't hang one on the cabinet door handle. He's decided they are great to soak in water and lay all around the counters. Even paper towels are ify some days.

3. The fridge. Yes it already had a lock, but son#2 discovered early this summer that if he uses his Samson strength and pulls hard enough, he can pop that lock. So now we have a double lock on the fridge.

4. I also have to double knot my seat cushions on the kitchen chairs because if I don't, he comes around and unties them all and throws them around the house or hides them.


5. Cooking oil in a pretty bottle on the counter top. Son#2 discovered it. I don't remember this particular tip from Rachel Ray about EVOO, but apparently it makes great moisturizer for dry skin. Banished to the garage.

6. And lastly, Son#2 has discovered the alarm on one particular kitchen cabinet is out of batteries and it contains our spices & baking supplies. I've caught him I don't know how many times sniffing the Cumin and had to remove the vanilla altogether because it was dwindling in ounces. The vanilla had to be banished to the cabinet with the cooking spray and oil before DHS came to take away my Mexican vanilla drinking wino son who is about to turn 10 years old.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Great irony. Chris brings in a knife block today full brNd new super sharp knives. Yippee. More larer

Anonymous said...

Maybe just banish Son #2 to the garage ;)