Well I am ahead of the curve on Christmas. I even feel okay saying that out loud. THAT is how close I am to DONE people! I've been busy ever since Thanksgiving like most of us. I've been decorating, crafting, baking up a storm and knitting.
The kids are well. Some runny noses here and there but no fevers & no missed school. Son#2 is missing on school today because he went into the surgery center for Dr. E to repair his broken front tooth. He reinforced it this time which is probably best, and he filled two tiny cavities, cleaned & flossed his teeth for him. Hubbo took him in by himself while I stayed here getting #1 & #3 on the bus for school. All in all it went well. The worst part is usually getting son#2 into the OR and waking up. This time we had a new anesthesiologist and he thought he'd put all 139lbs of son#2 on a stool, put the mask on him and THEN move him to the OR table. Yeah right. Hubbo nixed that real quick.
Then the wake up time isn't the best. Most people don't really feel great coming out of the "fog", but kids seem to react more loudly. Of course, being non-verbal son#2 doesn't yell at us like son#1, but he DOES love to bellow like a bull moose right in your face with his surgery breath. And rip out IV's or pulse ox plugs. His poor lips are always cracked open and rough/dry while his voice is raspy from the tube down his nose and throat. All in all he sleeps it off for awhile and then he's back looking for the gravy train.
I thought I'd include some of my latest creations that have gotten me in the holiday spirit of giving this year.

2 comments:
Pretty cake stands, Jules. And pretty white nitestand. I like the Jingle Bells, too. All this craftiness does get one in the Spirit, eh?
Beautiful work! Your inner Christmas Craft Fairy must be in heaven! :)
Post a Comment