I was tagged by Shell to report these things in my blog.
1. Name and link to the person who tagged you.
2. Name the state and country where you reside.
3. Name your five favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag others.
1.Shell- http://thefarsideoftheocean.blogspot.com/
2. I live in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma in the United States of America. Broken Arrow is butted up against the city of Tulsa & basically a run off of Tulsa people trying to live more in the country than the city.
3. #1-El Loritos-Mexican as I'm sure you guessed & you get sooooo much food for the price it's insane. Not to mention their salsa is TO DIE FOR. And there's always the bonus of Mexican Fabio that my friend & I like to sit & stare at.
#2-Tasty Treat- This place is a drive-in on Main street and I don't even KNOW how old it is. It's a drive-in and has seating inside for maybe 10 people. They are run by a family & open for breakfast and close by 4pm. Their burgers, fried mushrooms & onion rings are pretty hard to beat. And the list for different flavor of shakes (sigh!)....let's just say the peanutbutter one is my personal fav. Grits to fried okra, you'll enjoy anything here at this little taste of southern love.
#3-Top Hat-This place is small & located near where we used to live north of Tulsa. Maybe an hour from where we are now. Smoking is still allowed and the range of food is beyond wild. The taco salad was a huge hit with us, greasy bun hamburgers grilled to perfection, shoestring onion rings and some divine chicken strips that'll make you slap your mama! It's off old Route 66 and and landmark too. Best food over in that area for miles.
I'll be honest, we don't get out much to experience the local flavor of eateries, so the rest are resturant chains. Sorry-quit reading if you're a food snob.;)
#4-Denny's-Yeah yeah yeah, I know. You've all eaten there when you were little kids or in college after some late night study session. Yes it's kid friendly& that appeals to us now. But well, I love it because where else can you get pot roast, fried shrimp or the All-American Slam at the same place?? And we won't go into the ambiance of the smoke smelling, trucker filled resturant & the memories it brings up.
#5-Red Lobster-The Ceaser salad & cheese biscuts are a meal in & of itself to me. I could live happily eating those the rest of my life. Of course, I may be seen next on some show explaining how I'm too heavy to leave my own house. I do also enjoy their scallops, crab stuffed mushrooms and anything with shrimp-mostly scampi. Smell that?? Yeah I bet you can smell those garlic cheese biscuts from there!
And I tag Terry & Penny!
1 comment:
I miss Tulsa soooo much.
Cancun Mexican restaurant over by TU is really good. I live 10 miles from the Mexican border, yet when I went to Tulsa 2 weeks ago, I went to Cancun.
We also ate at Goldie's and wanted to eat at Ron's but the one we passed was closed.
Post a Comment