Last night as Daddy was tucking son#1 & I into bed, #1 son came up with some thought provoking questions.
This is how the conversation went.
son#1-"My Papa is dead."
me-"Yes I know."
son#1-"But that makes me sad."
me-"Me too."
son#1-"But I'll never see him again!"
(look exchanged between me & daddy gauging this wasn't the time to have the "heaven talk")
daddy-"Jackson do you have pictures in your head of Papa?"
son#1-"Yes."
me-"Then you can think of those fun pictures when you miss Papa."
daddy-"You'll always have those."
me-"Yes."
son#1-"I don't like that Nana's alone. That's why I left her Obi-Wan's ghost.
son#1-"What is true love?"
me-"When a woman & man love each other more than anyone else."
son#1-"Papa was Nana's true love."
son#1-"Mommy is Daddy your true love?"
me-"Yes, that's why I married him."
son#1-"Well I want to get married!"
daddy-"You have to be big like Mommy & me first."
me-"Yep, all grown-up first. A long time from now."
son#1-"Hmmm I wonder who my true love is?"
(we see the wheels turning wondering which Star Wars or tv character he'll name)
son#1-"I know! Caitlyn will be my true love! (his cousin he just saw this weekend!)
(daddy bursting into fits of laughter rolling off the bed-mommy trying not to make this a bid deal so OCD boy doesn't get it in his head this is a great idea)
me-"That's nice you like Caitlyn but you can't marry her. She's your cousin."
son#1-"Then who is my true love!?"
(daddy still having the giggles)
me-"You have plenty of time to decide this, but maybe Rylee will be your true love. You've known her a long time & she's your friend."
son#1-"Okay."
(boys are so fickle)
4 comments:
So you are trying to set our children up? I was wondering who his next guess was going to be. THat is too cute. I hope you make a scrapbook page of these conversations!
That is SO funny and adorable! What a sweetheart. :)
Just cut another filly out of the herd, Jackson.
I remember being confused about why cousins weren't well-suited for one another. I think when we did a biology project about gene pools it finally clicked. What a great conversation.
Hi Jules, I wanted to answer you comment in my blog but I didn't have you email so I popped in here :)
Yes.. I would LOVe your magic cobbler recipe :)
Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment