There was a nice Christian couple I know that lived here in Oklahoma. They had tried hard to have a baby. Married 14 years give or take. They had several miscarriages and the wife's doctor was very sympathetic but knew with all the scarring & internal problems, there was nothing to be done. They would not have children. The couple filed applications with adoption agencies, took care of other people's children, nieces, nephews, & neighborhood children. Children loved being around them & they filled the void. I can't imagine waiting like that. Wanting a baby so badly & not having one when everyone around you has children.
So when the man got a job opportunity to move to Missouri they really thought long & hard. It would cancel their applications they had in at the adoption agencies & it would mean moving far away from family & what they were really used to. But the husband really thought they needed to take the job offer & see what God was offering there in Missouri. Maybe He was opening a door. After much prayerful consideration they made the move.
After one week of living in Missouri, it was close to Christmas & they got a phone call. The wife's doctor back in Oklahoma. He had just delivered a baby girl from a woman who said she didn't want the baby girl. She wanted to give her away to be adopted. There was one condition the woman wanted, the couple must live out of state. One week ago the couple had moved. Or they wouldn't have been eligible for this opportunity!! THAT was their Christmas miracle!
At five days old the baby girl could leave the hospital. The wife's family being in Oklahoma with the baby, came to get her & take her home with them. The wife's niece worked for an attorney in town & typed up the papers for the adoption. As soon as the husband got off work they made the trip back to Oklahoma. Christmas had come & gone and their miracle was there December 27th. With no place to sleep & no one expecting a baby in the family, they used a dresser drawer & blankets. Who would have known moving to Missouri would bring them a baby? They showed faith & God rewarded them.
They've done great so far. For people that waited years to parent, they did it well. God's a good matchmaker. And you know what? That story just doesn't get old.
Happy birthday to me...happy birthday to me...
10 comments:
I never knew, Jules - that is an awesome story! Happy birthday to you!! I've really enjoyed "rediscovering" you this year!
You truly are a miracle! I'm so glad you told this story this way -- I have tears on my computer keyboard!!! A match made from Heaven!!! And don't forget -- I held you first! We're so glad you are part of our family!
All my love,
Sheri
God knew you were going to get stuck with me later, so he was particular about you going to a good home to make up for it. :)
I never get tired of that story. I would have loved to see that tiny girl in the dresser drawer!
Happy Birthday, baby!
Happy Birthday Miracle Baby!! I knew there was something extra special about you!
God surely works in ways that we do not understand, but only later sometimes do we get a peek at what he is all about, LOVE. And the story is only pasted on more and more for your love for your children. Through you they will experience His love.
Love J
Even though I knew that story, it STILL made me cry! I am so lucky to have you in my life, sister! Great post (and sorry it took me so long to find it--I took a "blog holiday" along with my Christmas vacation...lol!)
What a wonderful story! My parents were married 18 years before I was born and I was truly a miracle. You have such a precious story to share! Happy Belated Birthday! :)
And you didn't even have a daughter, a "meat-head" son-in-law (named by your dad!), and two grandsons in the house with you!! When you get there, you surely will need the emergency kit -- even the left-over champagne left over from Aunt Deana's wedding didn't help!!! Pray their power comes back on today -- or else we may have to use the kit -- can you bring it over?!?!?!
Wonderful story, Julie! You have a gift with words. Keep writing.
All Best,
Jackie
I knew you were adopted, but never knew "the story". Beautiful.
Post a Comment